016

016

The retro setting of the arcade has neon strips of light decorated and outlining arcade games

The retro setting of the arcade has neon strips of light decorated and outlining arcade games. colorful lights were embedded into the flat, dark, carpeted floor as well, making the sleek black of jimin's boots glow dully.

screen were lit up with flashing title screens and loud theme music, adding to the air pollution with the busying mouths of those excitedly speaking around him.

jimin checked his phone, dimming the screen so the blue light wasn't so harsh against his eyes. the message hoseok sent a while ago read that he and a few of his friends were at the back of the arcade by the laser tag section.

after asking a random passerby where that place exactly was, jimin sped walked to the section of the building concealed with draping dark curtains. his face lit up in a smile when he saw hoseok's mop of honey golden hair.

excitedly, jimin tapped on the taller's shoulder to gain his attention. "cutie, you made it!" hoseok chirped, struggling to take off the gear that was strapped along his back and chest. after jimin's enthusiastic nod, hoseok asked him to help take off the gear that was somewhat tangled on him.

"my friends all killed me," he said dejectedly, "so they're still in the game. you don't mind waiting with me do them, do you?"

jimin was seconds away from saying 'of course not' when a raucous of voices came stumbling out of the curtains. jimin's eyes widened when figures were suddenly over towering him and bumbling their way towards hoseok, seeming to not notice the shorter boy.

"hobi, this jackass wouldn't stop shooting at me," a boy with golden shouted, shoving another boy with pink hair. "i was avenging hoseok, tae! you're the one who made him loose all of his lives." the pink haired male said, sounding equally annoyed.

however, the pair's deep voices caught jimin off guard, rendering him into a state of autopilot.

"can you guys shut up for a second so i can introduce my friend?" hoseok shouted loudly. the two boys stopped arguing and ceased taking off the gear strapped to their bodies. eyes placed on jimin's small frame snapped him back into reality.

"ladybug prince," jimin's eyes flicked to yoongi's figure so quickly they rattled in their sockets, "i didn't know you were going to be here." he smirked subtly, feeling giddy that jimin was present. he quickly tugged the clunky straps of the game off of his body and handed it the man in charge of the gear.

"you two know each other?" frowning, hoseok looked between the two boys. "i thought i was his first friend in the neighborhood." he awkwardly laughed, messing up the hair lying flatly at the hav of his head.

jimin shook his head before he spoke, never taking his eyes off of yoongi, "we know each other pretty well."

"well, i'm kim taehyung, the other hot blond." one of the pair who had been previously arguing shoved his hand towards jimin, a goofy smile on his face. the short sleeves of his shirt were folded upwards, and jimin could see the muscles in his bicep flex with his movement.

they shook hands while the pink headed boy looked jimin up and down. "how old are you, kid?" he regarded jimin cautiously, eyes lingering on the boy's thighs a bit longer than they should have.

"relax, joon, he isn't thirteen." yoongi patted the taller's back, giving jimin a name to put to the pink hair. "he's a year younger than you are."

joon's tense shoulders relaxed and he suddenly broke out into the tightest grin jimin had ever seen. the boy's eyes shut entirely as his face scrunched with his wide smile. "oh my gosh, don't hurt yourself." jimin reached out worriedly, placing his hands on joon's forearms which were crossed against his chest.

"i'm only smiling," namjoon opened his eyes, looking down at jimin in confusion. "anyway, seokjin and jungkook should be around here somewhere. they're probably playing a racing game." yoongi cut in, swatting jimin's hands away from namjoon.

the group began to make their way through the tight knitted arcade, searching for seokjin and jungkook. yoongi pulled jimin away from hoseok so that they trailed behind the rest of the boys, selfishly wanting the younger to himself.

"i guess it's inevitable for my friends to become your friends, since you apparently already know hoseok." yoongi slung an arm over jimin's shoulder, leaning closer as he said this so his voice could be heard over the whirring games and music around them. "how'd your dad react to my lovely hobi?"

"he didn't," at this, jimin stopped walking and excitedly held yoongi's hands in his own, "i think he's beginning to go easy on me now. he's even letting me stay out later tonight, isn't that great?"

the wide-eyed expression making up jimin's face caused yoongi's heart to soften. he wanted nothing more than to take the younger into his arms and just stand there, holding him.

he didn't. instead, he watched jimin in adoration and wondered how he'd gotten to this point; he hadn't even known the boy for that long. "hopefully, i'll be allowed over without you having to sneak me in." yoongi cheekily hummed.

his hands moved to jimin's hips as he tugged the boy closer towards him, ignoring the middle schooler passing by them who gasped in scandalized shock.

"let's catch up to the rest of the group so you can meet kookie and jin," yoongi smiled dazedly at him, admiring the way the lights colored his features. "they sound like a horrible party mixture." jimin snickers to himself as he let yoongi lead the way.

____
get it? bc it's usually gin and tonic—