050

050

"Jimin, it's honestly quite sad you've lived here for so long already, but haven't really explored the neighborhood

"Jimin, it's honestly quite sad you've lived here for so long already, but haven't really explored the neighborhood."

"yeah," hoseok nodded to jeongguk's words in agreement, "you've only been to the arcade and our houses--well, everyone's but jeongguk's and taehyung's."

namjoon spoke up next, "you know, there's this creek in the forest that everyone hangs out by. we should all have a bonfire soon. does that sound nice, jimin?"

in jimin's small living room sat his five friends and his one something-a-little-more. there was a movie playing in the background, but for the most part, all the group had done upon arrival was make small talk.

part of jimin swore at himself in his head as he sat on his single chair in a state of despondency. he didn't want company, why had he even invited them over in the first place? the question had rung within the confines of his mind all throughout the night, and still, he knew exactly why he had done it.

a relentless, angry fire gathered at his chest and shook his hands in vigor. he had to prove to his stalker that he was his own person and could do what he wanted. with the text coming through, telling him to not invite yoongi, he did the exact opposite; he had invited them all.

having intentionally left the message opened on read, he quickly deleted the evidence of it having ever existed. he could breathe easier if he could he could just pretend and live in a lie.

all jimin felt now was an exhaustion sagging the skin beneath his eyes and a fatigue weighing him to the crème colored reclining chair he sat slumped in.

yoongi had casted worried glances jimin's way the entire night, and usually the younger would be grateful for the concern, but an increasing sense of annoyance sparked instead.

"I doubt he wants to go to some moldy ol' creek, namjoon." seokjin looked over at the pink haired male with a sneer. jimin watched their interaction then, not commenting. he listened and observed while they all suggested places in assumption to what jimin wanted, or liked.

he couldn't help but think that they had no idea. that they didn't even know him.

his eyes fell onto seokjin who was currently in the midst of bickering on jimin's behalf. the older, in jimin's honest opinion, was flawless--of course, that was in terms of physical appearance. something about seokjin made jimin both intimidated and pissed off.

he presumed it was the knowing way the male looked at him and the comments regarding his complicated relationship with yoongi that set him off.

seokjin was a snake if jimin had ever seen one; sleek with beauty and baring fangs in danger.

"what do you want, jimin?" hearing his name being called from a voice he found so sweet his stomach churned in queasiness, jimin regained his focus. "there aren't many things I want, yoongi." he sighed, rubbing at his eyes with the back of his hand.

"come on, mochi," hoseok urged in a low, insinuating tone, "you've got to have some desires." the room had fallen somewhat quite, save for the forgotten movie playing.

running a hand through his hair, jimin stared at each of their faces. who are these people and what do they mean to me?

nothing, jimin thought for a second. everything, he considered.

"wouldn't you just love to know about all of his desires." taehyung snickered, draping his arm over the older boy's shoulder and pinching the flesh of hoseok's cheeks with the fingers.

"are there any farms around?" jimin mused, figuring since the boys have lived in the area for a while, someone should know. "you want to go to a farm?" yoongi crinkled his nose in disgust and perturbulance

"of course the wealthy heir would find that confusing." jungkook rolled his eyes with a sigh, dodging yoongi who had threateningly half-lunged in his direction.

jimin gave an easy smile, the former emotions of turmoil slowly seeping away. "wow, rich chaebol teas," he sent a wink in yoongi's direction, ignoring how taehyung and hoseok began to fake gag.

namjoon sighed at the two's childish antics before answering jimin's question. "it's not exactly a farm, but a few towns over there is a cattle ranch."

"some fucked up shit happens over there," taehyung spoke, "my aunt lives near the few acres of farm land there and i've heard her telling my mom about the animal murders recently."

"lets go." jimin ignored everyone's wary expression. he wanted to see for himself the ranch, for some reason he needed this.

he stood on his own to get the rest of the group to follow his lead. there was hesitation from everyone but taehyung, who actually sprung up to his feet and slung an arm around the shorter boy.

"this seems like a bad idea, jimin," hoseok, though worried, rose to his feet. "he's just a baby who gets scared easily." taehyung whispered into jimin's ear with a low giggle.

"you're the ones who said i should get out more; doesn't an adventure sound fun?"

those were the words that jimin regretted; the one's he wished he could have taken back

__________
i had no idea how to write this chapter and to make up for it i'm updating again because i hate this so freaking much