019

019

Jimin's palms had become clammy and the nails of his fingers dug into the underside of his hands as he balled them into fists

Jimin's palms had become clammy and the nails of his fingers dug into the underside of his hands as he balled them into fists. he sat across from yoongi, his legs crossed and shoulders hunched inwards as if he were trying to fold in on himself.

the older boy had taken a spot on the eggshell and tiffany blue colored rug, his hand gripping the hilt of the opener. he brought the tip of the blade to the edge of the box where clear tape ran down the middle.

piercing through the adhesive, yoongi seared through the transparent material with a loud, tearing sound. jimin was holding his breath once the cardboard box was fully opened, the flaps that were once held down now being pushed away from one another.

"what's inside?" jimin asked, too afraid to lean forward and peer closer. yoongi pulled the box towards himself and looked downward, also shielding jimin from his expression. "well?" the younger asked on edge, staring impatiently at the top of yoongi's head.

when sitting back, unadulterated alarm and disbelief traced yoongi's previously calm features. his hands pulled items from the box which included several low quality images that seemed to have been printed out, as well as an envelope shut with a monogram wax seal.

"what the fu–"

"wait, there's something else," yoongi's shaky voice cut off jimin's short exclamation. both boys loomed over the box, eyes fixed on a blood red usb that sat neatly in a small plastic bag taped securely to the wall of the package. this time, jimin reached inside, slightly struggling to pull away what he recognized as familiar industrial tape.

"shit, jimin," there was a slight waver in yoongi's voice before he cleared his throat to stabilize himself. he didn't want to freak out in front of the younger, because then jimin would also freak out. plus, he felt like in this instance, he needed to be the strong one and be there for whatever jimin felt and whatever emotions he'd soon face.

getting jimin's attention, he withdrew his eyes from the fuzzy photos and laid them out of between the two of them. zoomed in cctv photos of jimin in various parts of the arcade were spread out in miscellaneous order. some were disturbingly zoomed in on parts of his features as well as situations where someone had been touching jimin or vise versa.

jimin attempted to swallow through the lump that took refuge in his throat, exhaling a deep, ragged breath. having seen enough of the security photos, he turned them over and dropped them back into the box, shoving the package out of his line of sight.

"what's in the envelop?" he pointed to the aristocratic looking swirls of black that decorated the edges. there was no lettering on the outside, no stating whom it was from nor for, yet they both knew all too well. flipping the envelope over, a deep burgundy wax peel sealing greeted them.

with ease yoongi got through the seal and pulled out a single black parchment with detailed gold writing. when handing it to jimin, he watched the boy take a sharp inhalation and saw tears begin to pool rapidly at the brim of his eyes.

"this is my ink," he whispered, showing the writing to yoongi. the gold engrossing shimmered back at him from under the lighting. jimin wiped underneath his eyes at the revelation that somehow, this person got ahold of his iridescent ink; the same ink he'd find himself drawing yoongi with.

this meant that at some point in time they had gotten into his home to obtain his materials—even the tape that was holding the usb. jimin knew why it seemed so vaguely familiar, it was one of his rarely used items he had stuffed into his art drawer.

jimin placed the letter in the clear space between them, positioning it so they could both read the swirling calligraphy.

i'm sad you closed your windows,
but shutting your eyes doesnt erase my existence.

a horizontal margin of neatly drawn spirals separated the next line of writing.

i have a little surprise for you
in the form of a usb
keep your blinds open and you won't
have to worry about me
leaking it to daddy

on high alert, jimin searched for wherever he left the small bag he pulled from the box. ripped lines of tape stayed adhered to the plastic material, and with little thought put into the action, jimin ripped open the bag having completely disregarded the self seal it had.

he jumped to his feet and ran towards his bedroom, all thought of yoongi vanishing from his mind. all he could focus on at the moment was what exactly the drive contained and why his father couldn't ever see it.

he opened up his laptop and shoved the drive into the usb port, clicking his mouse furiously when a new icon appeared. yoongi leaned over jimin's shoulder after catching up to the fast boy, attempting to see the screen.

a video popped up, starting out as black, depthless darkness and crackling audio in the background. heavy breathing soon replaced the white noise and the foreground came into view, that being the ledge of a window. the camera panned upwards and the shutter sound of the lense zooming in as well as a photo being taken cut through the breathing.

the first thing jimin saw was himself. he didn't need to watch the video any further to know where it was headed.

his head was thrown back against his pillow, back arched as if he were perched against a victorian chaise. his right leg that was higher than his other, foot resting flat against the covers and knee pointed upwards, hid what his hand was so skillfully wrapped around.

he slammed his laptop shut and threw the drive into of his desk drawers, locking it. he stormed passed yoongi, brushing into the older's shoulder.

he felt humiliated.

"jimin," yoongi grabbed hold of his arm to prevent him from walking any further. he pulled the younger closer towards him and shoved his head against his chest. yoongi hoped his heartbeat was steady. he didn't want jimin to know he was just as freaked out, if not more.

"jimin, listen," yoongi pulled him away and settled his hands on either side of jimin's puffy cheeks. "we can't just sit here—i can't just sit here, and let some pervert blackmail you." he stared deep into jimin's once warm eyes. now, his gaze was devoid and almost abysmal.

"i can't go to the police, yoongi—"

"why not?" frustration laced the blond's question. the last thing he wanted to do was get upset with jimin at such a crucial time like this. he tried to coerce a less harsh tone.

"look, minnie," yoongi took jimin's smaller hand in his. "i'm not going to ask you to make any final decisions just yet, okay? i just want you to be safe. can you please at least consider going to the police?"

"i'll consider it," jimin squeezed yoongi's cold hand, "but he'll probably find out."

_______
how i planned for his chapter:

[in di box: cctv/sec photos of jimin in di arcade w di boys not cracking open a cold one,, a usb in a baggy taped securely to di side of di box so it wouldn't rattle—a viddie of jm getting freaky wit himself,, also,, a letter in jimin's iridescent ink written in unidentifiable calligraphy saying "i'm sad you closed your windows, but shutting your eyes doesnt erase my existence."]