014

014

Jimin, once again, was in his front yard sitting under the large tree

Jimin, once again, was in his front yard sitting under the large tree. the leaves and branches over him concealed the sweltering rays of the sun against his skin, but did little to actually keep him cool. a pint of ice cold lemonade laid tightly screwed shut in the grass beside him for whenever he became parched.

his mom had bought a thin, interesting printed blanket front the cruise they went on a while ago. he used it to lay on top of so he didn't get his clothes dirty. on his stomach with his chin placed atop his clasped hands, his eyes lazily read over the words of the book he was reading.

it wasn't all that engaging to him; too slow and full of detail he didn't find to he necessary. yet he read it either way being that his grandmother bought it for him a while ago. just the other day she had called and asked if he liked it, when in fact, he hadn't even read a single page.

out of guilt, he told her that he was enjoying it quite well. the book was disputably worse than the heat bearing down on him, and in simpler words, intolerable.

his small sketch book that he'd been hiding from his parents was sitting in front of him a good reach away. he brought it out along with the insufferable book, but refused to look inside of it. within it's pages marked various sketches of yoongi's body; his eyes, lips, nose.

but venturing deeper into it's confines documented the day of their video chat. and though jimin could easily tear the page out and stash somewhere more secretive, he couldn't bring himself to.

there was a thrill behind his parents flipping through his drawings and finding the explicit min yoongi. there was also a beauty in grazing through the book and having vivid flashbacks of drawing the pictures. the way his facial expression morphed and his body contorted to his every touch.

jimin couldn't taint what he'd been allowed to create. it would seem like blasphemy. very gay blasphemy.

he sat up onto his butt and licked his lips. he groaned once remembering he left his lip balm in his room on his desk, but made no move to get up. instead, he reached for his bottle and began to gulp down the swee, but tart drink.

"excuse me," a voice shouted across from him. jimin pulled the spout of the bottle away from his lips and opened his eyes. once the stranger caught his attention, they continued to speak. "are you new to the neighborhood?" they asked.

they had honey brown hair and a bright smile. appearing friendly enough, jimin decide to speak with them. "i am," he called back. he felt a bit awkward since they were shouting across his yard.

"well, it's nice to meet you. i'm jung hoseok." they smiling person introduced. he was stopped on the sidewalk across from jimin, half sat on his bike with one foot positioned on the black pedal and the other flat against the cement sidewalk. jimin took an amused note on the back of his hands that were covered in two large hearts drawn with purple marker, gripping the red handle bars with silver tassel.

hoseok realized where jimin's attention was caught on and ran his fingers along the decorations. "this bike isn't mine," he said. "not like tassels are are problem, the entire bike is kind of just ugly." he laughed loudly.

jimin shut his book and leaned forward from where he sat. "do you live close by?" he questioned with intrigue. jimin didn't sit outside as often as his mother would like for him to, so he didn' get to catch much of the people in the neighborhood. in truth, this is only the second time he'd sat outside—the first being the day he met yoongi.

now, he was meeting hoseok.

the boy nodded and pointed a few houses down. "i live in that dark green one over there," he shifted to a more comfortable position on his bike. "if you want, you can come sit with me." jimin offered, taking note of how uncomfortable hoseok appeared.

"would that be alright?" the latter asked, tentatively getting off the tasseled bicycle and slowly wheeling it across jimin's grass. even though hoseok was already making his way over, jimin still thought about it. his parents were both in the house and his dad was in the living room, which faced the front yard.

jimin didn't really care at the moment, however. his father could clearly see the two of them and would find that there was nothing going on. besides, hoseok wasn't yoongi. yoongi was definitely a person he would not have his dad see him with again.

"it's alright." jimin smiled, watching as hoseok dropped his bike on the grass and found a spot on the blanket to sit. "oh, my name is park jimin, by the way." he extended a hand out towards hoseok for him to shake.

"that's a nice name," hoseok complimented kindly, "and instead of hoseok you can just call me hobi; all my friends do." jimin nodded slightly before his lips turned upwards in a smirk. "and just because we're neighbors we're friends now?" he quipped, watching as hoseok became bashful.

"oh, no no no," he said this in english while waving his hands quickly at the misunderstanding.

"so, you don't want to be my friend." jimin pouted, feigning hurt and confusing hoseok further. the boy sheepishly ruffled his honey toned hair as he looked everywhere but jimin. he seemed to be regretting sitting down.

"i'm just messing with you," jimin giggled cutely, "i need more friends anyway. sorry if i freaked you out a little." he explained with a quick apology.

"you had me there for a second, i was really reevaluating my decision on biking over here." hoseok quickly brushed off jimin's odd behavior. his heart-shaped smile was almost infectious, causing jimin to grin in return. "you remind me of friend taehyung." hoseok said with a chuckle.

"does he live around here too?"

hoseok nodded and ran his index finger along the flat part of a grass blade, "he lives beside me."

jimin made an 'o' shape with his mouth. he wondered if he'd ever meet taehyung. "i can't tell if you're younger or older than me," hoseok began, "i used to just base it on height, but i met taehyung who is a year younger than me but also a bit taller." he slumped his shoulders in disappointment. his sudden change in posture caused his fringe to fall a bit into his eyes but he made no move to push the hair away from his forehead.

jimin was the opposite. if it didn't style his hair to be in his face, then he hated when it fell out of place and moved frontwards. he was always pushing his hair back and away from his eyes, but he would never, in his entire life, consider cutting it off. he loved his hair as if it were his own child.

"well i was born in 1995, how about you?" jimin asked, hoping, that for once, he could be older than someone. however, his hopes were crushed when seeing the glee on hoseok's face. "so was taetae!" he exclaimed cheerfully. jimin rightfully assumed 'taetae' was taehyung.

"looks like i've got myself another cutie to pester." hoseok leaned over and squished jimin's cheeks with his palms.

"now i'm the one reevaluating letting you sit down." jimin's words were distorted from how hoseok was mushing his face together, but a lighthearted laugh let the older know he was just joking.

"this is my late welcome to the neighborhood, shorty." hoseok teased, releasing jimin's face from his grasp. "i'm sure it's been at least a few weeks since you've moved here, but you'll love it. everyone is so nice and respectful." hoseok informed, but the words meant very little to jimin.

after all, respectful and nice people didn't spy on others from bedroom windows.

_____
(:

n e way, there's definitely typos but i don't feel like re-reading 1,353 and that's where i fail as an author so lol suck it up i guess