002

002

Jimin was quite glad that he moved to his new home in his new town during the summer

Jimin was quite glad that he moved to his new home in his new town during the summer. it was hard for him to leave his friends back where he used to live, but he adapted pretty well when it came to change. he knew how to handle and execute situations well enough to where distance didn't hurt.

and jimin did try. he tried his hardest to keep in touch with his friends. but he didn't think about the fact that maybe they weren't up for the task of trying for him.

so it was a week of jimin sitting alone in his more spacious than previous room, cross-legged on his bed sketching out his loneliness.

there was a window on the opposite wall of his bed letting in rays of light. even though he had blinds, he still put up a thin golden-beige curtain. his sole reason for doing this was because he liked the way the fabric fluttered in the breeze when he left the window ajar.

at night, however, he took down the rod and would pull the blinds up, letting the moonlight paint his room is streaks of delicate light.

he couldn't decide which he liked more; the sunlight or moonlight. all he knew was that he always needed his window open to invite the light into his room, letting it create its own world in his space.

jimin was beginning to grow content with the silence of his room, but his mom had other preferences. "alright little boy," she barged into his room. the abruptness of her arrival caused him to streak a line of graphite across his sketchbook. he stared at the mistake with a dead expression; not even surprised anymore.

"get out of your bed. out of your pajamas. out of—"

"might as well just hop on out of my skin, too, then." he cut her off, but climbed out of his covers at her orders.

he stretched his arms high over his head. at the action, his shirt raised a bit and showed a small portion of his stomach, but not enough to each his belly button. "okay, cutie. i'd appreciate it if you got dressed. you can continue drawing, but you should do it out on the porch; it's a beautiful day."

she left no time for him to protest, already shutting the door behind herself.

jimin sighed quietly and stood in the middle of his room in the position his mom left him in for a few seconds. he really had no desire to move, but his feet began to trudge over to his bathroom.

when he first saw the room, he ultimately chose it because it came with a bathroom inside. the other bedroom in the house was a guest room, and while it was big enough for jimin to live in, it didn't have it's own bathroom.

he took a while to freshen up, mostly because he just didn't want to go outside and partly because he had no energy to move any quicker. it was ten in the morning and all he wanted to do was climb back under his covers and doodle in his book.

there was a quick knock on his bathroom door, and soon his father's gruff voice. "min, i made waffles with some fruit you like. don't be too long in there." and then retreating footsteps.

"finally, i've found my motivation to live." he speedily brushed his teeth and washed his face. before exiting the bathroom he fluffed his dark hair up with his hands and pulled on a new t-shirt and shorts.

when jimin sprinted to the table, his father gave an expression with raised eyebrows. "i was just in your room three minutes ago. i counted." he placed a plate in front of jimin, who was already seated.

"did you?" he commented distractedly, already taking a knife to his belgian waffles. the action was so immediate he didn't even pay mind to the fact he had to syrup on his breakfast. "oh, wow," he moaned, eyes rolling to the back of his head.

"glad you like it," his dad laughed a bit and sat down, eating his own food.

"where's mom? she was just in my room half an hour ago." there was a gross mush of peaches and waffles in jimin's mouth, making his dad grimace.

"she went to work. don't speak with your mouth full." his responses were short, and jimin expected nothing less. his dad was a pretty introverted guy, and on top of that, he was stern and just a tad overly-protective.

he loved his father with everything in him, but he wished the man would let him breathe. jimin always had a certain curfew and always had to introduce new friends to his parents. his father wanted to make sure he wasn't hanging out with bad influences.

jimin never dwelled to much on how his dad became the way he was; he just continued on making him happy. after all, the man was one of the most supportive people in his life even if he was closed off most of the time.

but at hearing the news of his mom going back to her shift at the hospital, jimin almost lightened up at not having to go outside anymore.

"you're still drawing outside." his dad cut off his dreams, hopes, and wishes.

_____
someone gets introduced in the next chapter so pls don't give up on me now

i'll probably plublish it later bc i've got a few chapters written