033

033

The drive to the hotel yoongi was staying at was filled with the soft background of beethoven's moonlight sonata lulling though the speakers, city lights in a blur through the rain speckled windows, and tire rolling over smoothly paved asphalt und...

The drive to the hotel yoongi was staying at was filled with the soft background of beethoven's moonlight sonata lulling though the speakers, city lights in a blur through the rain speckled windows, and tire rolling over smoothly paved asphalt underneath them.

despite both of their minds being abuzz with thought after thought, it showed little, as false content made up their expressions and posture. yoongi drove in a comfortable manner, seeming as if he were used to the roadways and make of the new vehicle. one hand gripped the steering wheel in a way that couldn't be deciphered between firm or relaxed; just natural. his other arm rest lazily on the middle console between the driver's seat and the passenger's seat.

yoongi's artful hands were adorned in large silver rings that sparkled when a street lamp would shine through the dashboard, hitting the accessories directly like a spotlight from the heavens. it took nearly all of jimin's willpower to not tug his hands from their clasped position between his thighs and curl them around yoongi's in a hold.

something about having not been alone with the older for even a few days set a weird air to settle at the bottom of jimin's lungs.

it was something similar to a poison he felt the urge to cough up, but couldn't get his throat to loosen it's passageway, so he said nothing, and they drove in mock comfortable silence. it was a quiet of façade and ego.

the false and forceful need to pretend everything was okay, and self-preserved craving for emotions to remain hidden until they could be fully understood.

once reaching the hotel, jimin gaped at the sight of it. the building was as large as it was wide, doubling as what could be a skyscraper found in shanghai or seattle. a small, awed 'wow' was exhaled from jimin's lips as he leaned forward to crane his head upwards at the view from the dashboard window.

the building seemed to glimmer in it's own light rather than reflecting the ones from surrounding constructions. elegance and regal debonair swarmed the hotel in an aura jimin couldn't even think to afford. he had half the thought to ask whether yoongi got the address wrong, but his mind ceased when the older was pulling up to the overhang and towards the valet.

"mr. min," the attendant spoke with no astute or undermining tone, but rather as if he were communicating with his higher up. yoongi swiftly exited the car and jimin was quick to mirror his movements, jogging in front of the vehicle to stand beside the blond.

the voice of the valet, no older than jungkook's age, rang like a brass bell in jimin's head. "mr. min?" jimin questioned, staring up at yoongi in accusatory confusion while the car drove off. "hearing you say that sounds like a song," yoongi chuckled, turning towards the glass entrance doors, "do it again," his voice dipped an octave lower, dancing just above the shell of jimin's ear.