036

036

"You don't actually own a gun, do you?"

dinner had arrived not too long after yoongi and jimin had made their way to the banquet hall once again. jimin's eyes were stained a red tint, a result from the crying he'd been doing. he lingered a few steps behind yoongi when the older asked jimin's parents if the two could sit together.

"if i said i did, how'd you react?" yoongi was smug as he pulled out a chair for jimin to take a seat. the pair were sitting with yoongi's moms and a couple of the other higher ups involved with the company.

the soft material of the white table cloth fell on top of jimin's lap and the plush ivory cushioning underneath him sat him comfortably. he was in a place facing the table his parents were seated, smiling softly to himself as he observed their relaxed interaction.

the younger narrowed his eyes into that of suspicion as yoongi took the spot beside him, "now i'm even more curious." but the blond left the question open for interpretation, his lips curling into a teasing smile. the conversation died there for the most part, as someone from yoongi's left picked up a point of topic with him.

jimin took this time to settle. his dancer posture fell into a slight slouch, leaning back further in his seat. there were many men who occupied the table with them, there were three other women, along with yoongi's parents, who sat with them as well. they all seemed to get along fairly well, different points of topic being discussed between amongst them.

"jimin, was it?" across from him, anne-marie took one of the empty seats.

her presence seemed to catch yoongi's attention, but he was still deep in conversation with the older employee beside him. "yes, hello." polite as ever, jimin gave her a kind smile. compliments sat heavy on the tip of his tongue, but he held them back. she smiled in return, but the knowing uplift curling the right side of her lip made him stiffen. she said nothing more after, looking up to the side of her when yoongi's biological mom walked up to her. they both sat across from the two boys, taking what was now being deemed the head of the table.

the appetizers were being brought out by waiters and waitresses, the live band situated in the corner began their brassy jazz; it was slow and comfortable.

what was even more comfortable, was the hand that rested atop jimin's thigh, just above his knee. his eyes flickered down to yoongi's hand messaging circles into the fabric of his pants, sitting his own palm on top in a sweet hold.

i could get used to this, jimin thought momentarily. the familiarity and serene that came with yoongi. the absence of any worry that followed with a simple touch.

he wanted to stop being so afraid of relationships and to just let himself fall vulnerable to everything that made up min yoongi.

a distant part of him screamed that he deserved it, and for the rest of the night, he believed so.

__________
i'm sorry this is short, but i'm leaving for the doctors soon to get my eyes rechecked (they've been bothering me a lot lately,, i can barely look at a screen without getting an intense headache).

i'll try to publish for another story soon! maybe later today (hopefully, don't count on it though)