051

051

Namjoon's truck was an outdated, midnight blue pickup

the vehicle was kept in good condition as far as jimin could tell, but then again, he wasn't exactly into cars so he wasn't sure what 'good condition' entailed. since the older's house was only a few homes down, the group had decided to walk rather than namjoon meet them with his truck outside.

seokjin had excused himself for a moment, jogging across the street to where he lived, disappearing beyond the front door. jimin reeled in the surprise that struck him, always forgetting the snarky male lived in front of him. he met the rest of the boys in namjoon's driveway only minutes later, holding a camera and first-aid kit in his hands.

"just in case we need it," he panted, calling shotgun and hoisting himself up into the passenger seat. pulling a lollipop from his back pocket, namjoon watched seokjin for a moment before turning to the others.

"three in the back, two in the trunk. decide amongst yourselves." crinkling the faded yellow wrapper in his hands, namjoon climbed into the driver's seat and stuck the keys into the ignition.

the late summer cicadas chirped obnoxiously from the grass around them, the orange glow on the street lamps casting soft shadows across the remaining boy's faces.

"how about jungkook and I sit in the trunk," taehyung suggested, sweeping his blond hair away from his face and setting it back with a think, black headband. "I don't mind, we've done it before." this was directed mainly to jimin, who looked apprehensive on having the two youngest riding unsafely without seatbelts.

"i'm fine with that." hoseok spoke up, essentially glad he wasn' the one who had to sit in the bed of the truck. "joon is a safe enough driver," yoongi began.

"when he's sober." jungkook interjected with a cheeky smile, setting his foot onto the back tire and swinging his leg over into the truck's bed anyway. with a sigh, yoongi mirrored, "when he's sober, which is more often than not."

hoseok had already entered the vehicle by then, taking his spot behind seokjin and strapping himself in.

"it'll be fine, ladybug prince," yoongi was whispering consoling now, his lips ticking the shell of jimin's ear, "you want an adventure don't you?" he pulled back to study jimin's face in that moment, and they two have them had been left searching for air.

jimin could feel it; he wasn't stupid. he knew his feelings for yoongi and he was aware of yoongi's feelings for him. he couldn't deny the transcending state of being he consistently found himself sent to whenever in the older's presence.

the problem was that he had no idea how to begin a proper relationship, and was afraid of ruining it.

namjoon rolled down his window, "can you guys maybe get in already? no rush."