018

018

It was a wednesday morning when jimin had been lazing on his couch

It was a wednesday morning when jimin had been lazing on his couch. sprawled on the cushioning with one leg thrown over the back rest and the other stretched out in front of him.

his left had absentmindedly played with his freshly washed hair that seemed more dark when wet, while his other hand was preoccupied typing away in the group chat he'd been invited into.

his parents had gone to work only a few hours ago, leaving him to his own freedom. his mother had an early morning shift and his dad had an emergency board meeting with the company he now worked for.

a short, breathy laugh from jimin filled up the once quiet space of his living room at the back and forth bickering between namjoon and hoseok. it had been going on for so long now, that jimin wasn't even sure of what the argument was about.

as another message flashed against the open chat, the doorbell rung.

he groaned at the thought of having to stand and then use brain power to get his body from point a to point b.

"i'll be right there," he shouted and took a glance out one of the large front windows. he saw the mail truck and a portion of the deliverer's body—his uniformed arm.

having finally gotten up from his once comfortable positioned, he quickly bounded over to the door and pulled it open. he greeted the mailman politely with a kind smile before catching sight of the cardboard box in his hand.

"are you," the man looked at his clipboard he had sitting atop the box and scanned the sheet of paper briefly, "park jimin?"

"i am."

"congratulations, can you sign below the line please?" the man almost demanded rather than asked, which confused jimin further.

"i don't know what i'm signing for though. i wasn't expecting a package."

"either way," he nudged the items closer towards jimin in expectation.

jimin shrugged and did what he was asked. he partly hoped the package was from one of his friends from where he previously lived. the second best option was that it was something from a family member—maybe his grandparents.

the box wasn't too heavy, either. so he carried it inside after closing and locking the door, and placed the lightweight surprise on the rug in the living room.

he skipped to his kitchen to grab a box opener, finally finding it after digging in the junk drawer. he scanned the outside of the box, turning it around in his hands, but found no return address. his lips dipped in a pout while a frown tugged on his eyebrows.

he was suddenly very wary of the contents inside the box, and hesitant to open it. he once read an article about people being poisoned and murdered by their mail, and was afraid of receiving packages and envelopes for three months straight.

setting the cutter on top of the box, jimin exited out of the group chat that had gained over thirty new messages. he scrolled through his contacts list until he found yoongi's name, that was completed with what jimin called 'bad bitch' emojis—a knife, money in cash, the weird, purple devil emoticon.

he clicked on the contact and pressed the pad of his middle finger against the video icon.

soon enough, a sleepy-faced min yoongi took full screen of jimin's phone. half of his face was squished against a white pillow and his head was buried under his forest green blankets. the blond's eyes weren't even open when he answered the call, yawning as a greeting.

"yoongi something weird came in the mail a second ago." jimin said, trying to keep focused on what he called for.

he didn't want his mind to drift to thoughts of yoongi texting the group chat in his covered fort half awake. he didn't want to think about how warm the older must be, which was perfect for cuddling. he had a task at hand and needed to sort out his priorities— but yoongi still looked so cute!

"what makes it weird?" sleepy-head's voice was low and his syllables mushed together from part of his mouth pressing against his plush pillow.

jimin closed his eyes to collect himself and force down a squeal.

"i wasn't expecting any packages, and my parents would've told me to look out for something if they knew of it," he explained, "plus, it was sent specifically to me, but has no return address, so i don't know where or whom it came from." jimin added on.

when cracking his eyes to finally look at his phone, yoongi saw the worry that was evidently displayed across jimin's soft features. this fully woke him up. he sat up, ruffling out his hair and rubbing his tired eyes.

"i'll be over in five minutes," yoongi stated firmly, swinging his legs off his bed. "don't open it." not saying anything else, not even a goodbye, the older ended the call.

______
i was gonna make this longer

but i must leave you all wondering wtf is in di box