058

058

summer's sweltering sun beamed down onto jimin the minute he stepped off his porch, crossing the large tree in his lawn

despite it all, there was a hint of a smile caressing his lips and a lightness in his steps. alongside the feverish heat was a breeze that didn't carry cool air, but still felt nice weaving through his loose top and his unstyled, damp hair.

in jimin's hurry to wash up and see yoongi as quickly as possible, he'd nicked his knee against something sharp he couldn't pinpoint. he cleaned the small wound with ease, but groaned in annoyance when finding the only box of band-aids in his house. walking to jungkook's with a pink and white hello-kitty band-aid prettily adhered to his knee was going to amuse the hell out of the boys who had slept over.

jimin's hands were stuffed into the pockets of his denim shorts with the accompaniment of his phones, one streaming music through the earbuds. even so with jimin's newfound comfort, he was afraid to let his guard down in the slightest.

months prior to moving to this current neighborhood, he wouldn't think twice about shoving both earbuds in, but a rational paranoia insisted he only needed to listen through one on a low volume. jimin was always hyperaware of his surroundings now.

the lonesome boy didn't have to walk far in order to get to jungkook's house. after all, the two lived only homes apart. jimin rang the doorbell, expecting mrs. jeon to answer, but was pleasantly surprised when it was jungkook instead.

jungkook who no longer needed a wheelchair and had fortunately moved on to crutches.

"oh, jimin?" the younger regarded him with confusion swimming in his eyes, most likely wondering what he was doing here. "hey, kook," jimin eyed the new cast casing the boy's bottom half of his leg, clean of signatures and black. "did yoongi not tell you I was coming over?"

"considering we all just woke up and your boyfriend's getting pretty in my bathroom, no." chuckling, and shuffling aside with some difficulty, jungkook let his guest in.

the boy's house was nice, jimin quietly appreciated upon entering. he was only in the foyer but he could tell by the cleanliness of the wooden floors and the floral incense burning that the state of the home was likely pristine. however, that was most likely all mrs. jeon's doings.

"have you eaten yet? hoseok and I were making breakfast." jungkook lead him into the kitchen that was semi-cramped for more than three people, so jimin sat down at the dining table as hoseok spun around when hearing jungkook speaking.

"mochi-bun, welcome to chez hobi." he greeted his two younger friends with a sweet smile and a sweep of his arms to display the kitchen. "chez hobi is down the street, this is my house." jungkook grumbled, taking post in front of the sink and scooping watermelon into petit spheres.

"what's a mochi-bun?" jimin asked with a light laugh sitting atop his palms and swaying in his seat. he wanted to offer up his help, but hoseok was flying through his craft and jimin had a feeling jungkook would feel as if he was pitying him in some way. which he was, definitely. but he didn't want the other to know that.