047

047

The min's lived in the jaw dropping, exclusive neighborhood of seongbuk-dong

The min's lived in the jaw dropping, exclusive neighborhood of seongbuk-dong. it was an eye catching village north of seoul nestled in the hills. it overlooked the bright city, making the lights look like twinkling stars in a noise polluted galaxy.

the sun was already beginning to dip below the horizon, casting spells of color across the sky that had slowly became a deep hue of blue.

jimin's moved a lot. it was a well stated fact that no longer made his stomach churn in jealousy of the more stable kids he'd known. but as he and his parents walked along the freshly tarred and clean road, the ugly flip of envy gripped at his insides. he'd never lived in a place as nice as this—as luxurious as this.

he resides in run down apartments and small shack-like houses by the beach, connected townhomes and at one point, a motel—but that was when things were really bad for his family.

the houses all shared a clean and structured similarity to them. they were stories high and wide, meaning the interior must've been spacious . the ground level bases were made of a clean slate of white, mimicking bricks. 

before arriving, they had stopped at the store quickly to buy a bottle of wine. it was a white wine, as jimin's mom preferred white over red and wasn't too fond of the pink. jimin, who didn't care about what is was so long as it got him drunk, didn't say much about it,

of course, if he did, his parents would faint on the spot out of shock. little jiminie would never do something like that. the burn of his halo intensified.

to the side of the glossy, black front door was a simplistic white button. it was pushed in, courtesy of jimin's father, and a cute, cheerful tune sounded.

seconds later, and the door was being opened by none other than yoongi's mom—his biological one (jimin still hadn't learned her name). her smile was so pretty, he found, as she gleefully greeted the trio and invited them in. "you can keep your shoes on," she told them, "it's not that big of a deal in our house."

jimin was thankful. he forgot he was wearing light blue socks with patterned, gray sting rays on them. "we brought a wine," jimin's mother pulled the glass bottle out of her purse, and that, for some reason, sparked up conversation between the three adults. they were taken from the entryway to the living room across from the kitchen.

jimin took his time to look around the room. he was right; it was spacious. he wondered the square footage and how much a place like this must cost, knowing the price would have his eyes bugging from their sockets. after all, the neighborhood was for the wealthy and astounded, housing ambassadors and heirs. it was amusing to jimin, as yoongi's childhood friends must live in homes relative to his parents', but he lived in a cozy two-story in a boring neighborhood.

it was actually quite humbling, and the green feeling dissipated from jimin's gut.

"jimin," mrs. min snapped the boy from his reverie, kind eyes pouring into his, "yoongi is here if you'd like to see him."

no matter the amount of times he's been with the older, butterflies still stirred in his stomach at the mention of him. he couldn't shake the anxious feeling that blanketed over him while he nodded, snd couldn't get his heart to beat normally when the woman was calling for her son from where they stood.

a quick, "jimin is here," left her mouth and yoongi's mop of  striking bright hair popped up from over the railing of the stairs. though he bounded the steps with ease, there was still excitement in his footing and it brought happiness to jimin. he was always so happy when with yoongi.

after greeting jimin's parents politely, he turned to said boy and smiled knowingly, "i remember you." it was all for the sake of their act. jimin's dad never properly saw what yoongi looked like the first time they 'met', and jimin's mother had only met the boy during the company dinner.

it all felt so thrilling, the exhilaration curling at jimin's fingertips and the edges of his lips, fighting off a smile. "you boys should hang out for a while, dinner is still cooking," mrs. min suggested, "anne-marie went to store quickly to pick up an ingredient we were missing. we eat put more than we cook." he laugh was sweet, her eyes cringing at the corners the way yoongi's often did.

"i'll show you around," yoongi offered, "if that's alright with your parents, of course." he looked towards jimin's father more than his mother and jimin had to still his arm from reaching out to smack yoongi upside his head. they hastily agreed, which both stunned and didn't surprise jimin. of course, they wanted to make a good impression (also trusting jimin), but would interrogate their son later. and maybe interrogate was too strong of a term, but synonyms eventually just mean the same thing.

the min home was so lovely, and jimin said as such every few minutes. incense was burning from somewhere unknown to him, but he could smell the floral scent that seemed to follow them as they explored.

there was a billiards and theatre room in the basement car park, though the space wasn't used for vehicle storage obviously. jimin wanted to stay longer, but yoongi persuaded him there was something he'd love much more. a very jimin response to this was: "oh, yeah? is it your bedroom?" somehow, yoongi managed to flush and also look uneffected by the suggestive remark and tone.

the place that was 'much cooler' than the billiards and theatre room happened to be just as promised. "you're kidding me," jimin's wrist was captured by yoongi, as he tugged the boy whose feet seemed to be planted in place, eyes wide.

they were outside, on somewhat of a terrace. it overlooked both the city and the tight knit trees they were surrounded by in the village. more importantly, where the flooring stopped, an infinity pool began.

"maybe one day," yoongi began quietly, as if his voice would disturb the resting forestry,  "when your parents aren't around, you and i can go swimming."

and the suggestion sent jimin into a daydream.

he imagined the two of them swimming underneath the stars, the cold night skin pricking at their wet shoulders and exposing their skin, the only sense of warmth coming from their connected lips and entangled limbs. he pictures them resting at the edge of the pool that met the skyline, watching the rising sun paint the sky in cotton candy pink hues and mango orange undertones. he wanted all of that so badly, he could feel his heart lurch in yearning.

"and maybe," the blond stared again, voice dipping even lower, "our parents will get so inebriated that there's no way your parents can drive back and you'll have to stay the night."

"and they wouldn't think twice about us sharing a room."

yoongi smiled down at jimin, the younger returning the gesture brightly. they both felt at ease for once, okay with pretending things were fine, even if it was only for a few hours.

__________

anyway. you guys should listen to brockhampton for The Culture.

i wasn't too pleased with this chapter, but that's okay.