052

052

It'd been two weeks since the incident at the cattle ranch took place, resulting in jungkook's disgustingly mangled leg

It'd been two weeks since the incident at the cattle ranch took place, resulting in jungkook's disgustingly mangled leg. yoongi had been in hysterics for the first few days, somehow managing to mellow out once the younger boy was released from the sterile environment of white walls and speckled tile.

despite the gruesome state of jungkook's limb, nothing terribly major had happened, luckily. he suffered from a simple, mid-shaft break to his tibia and his entire leg was encased in a milky, ivory colored cast. the casing was already scribbled and drawn over with an array of colorful permanent markers, complimentary of his friends.

jimin felt awful, but the feeling was something that always lingered within him. he and taehyung visited the younger every day he'd been in hospitalized, and jimin even bought a butter-cream colored horse plush for yoongi—it was to calm him down.

the days seemed to go by a lot longer and a lot quieter. the groupchat the seven boys had for themselves were how they mainly all communicated, as jungkook was still situated in a wheelchair—thankfully not tattered and worn out.

it was hard meeting up as a group now because of that, plus, his scheduling for therapy doubled after the accident. mrs. jeon had been a frantic, brain-scrambled mess when arriving to the hospital after her son had been rushed into the emergency room.

jimin had also regained his appetite, though he still folded in on himself when walking into his room. he drew less, however. occasionally, when the days appeared to stretch for as long as light years and he could count the dust particles seemingly suspended in the surrounding air, he flipped through his sketchbooks.

his smile slowly came back as well and it wasn't an action he had to force into an almost grimace on his pretty features. the texts from his stalker dwindled down within the two week time frame. at first, they were all but mere threats of i-told-you-so's and meaningless, heedless warnings and premonitions. jimin ignored them all. he even powered the device off and stuffed it into the cardboard box of security photographs from the arcade under his bed.

jimin had willed himself to become unbothered, trying his absolute hardest to live the way he had before everything spiraled out of his control.

sometimes, jimin's parents would ask him about yoongi. they'd ask how their friendship was going along so far, if yoongi was nice, if jimin behaved. they even pondered over jung hoseok, suggesting they meet the boy's parents whenever possible. jimin didn't mind, he'd met both mrs. and mr. jung briefly once, having the feeling they'd be people his parents would like.

the second month of his summer was over, the time having both sped by and dragged along. he was in a place of stillness; he felt nothing towards it.

it seemed his parents had only gotten busier as well, not having available slots in their schedule to squeeze him into. his mother had what seemed to be back to back surgeries, which he knew wasn't good for her overall health, and his dad spends most of his days in the towns over. apparently, his real nice boss, who happened to be anne-marie, entrusted him with important projects that had upcoming deadlines.

but jimin wasn't angry and he wasn't upset. there was no tremble in his heart and quiver positioned on his pretty, carnation pink lips. there was no dew catching droplets on his silky lashes and there was no ugly clench of anger surging a cooling lava in his stomach.

a standstill, he knew. it was but a mere halt in whatever disaster was to come next. but he was thankful for the peace of mind this break from terror brought.

as july faded into august, the seasonal sun shone down in heated glory. her rays seared through the rich, green leaves of plants and melted away the air conditioned goosebumps on jimin's skin.

the boy was in his backyard, sketchbook propped against his knee. he had the intent of drawing, wanting to deliver himself from the foggy funk his brain settled into. he even had a few bundles of rhododendrons from the untamed shrub outside his window—finding the flowers both pretty and meaningful.

the end of his pencil tapped languidly against the rough and thick paper—a grade he was attempting to become familiar with. he had pastel oils and watercolor singles laid out neatly beside him.

a plump buzzing bumblebee fluttered into jimin's view, startling him for a moment before it hovered above the patch of flowers bound by a pale yellow. quickly, to save the view, jimin snapped a photo with his phone. he hoped it would further inspire him to draw at some point, no marking blemishing the surface of his canvas yet.

"they're pretty right," jimin sighed, watching the bug sit atop one of the buds. jimin smiled bittersweetly at the trusses of bell-shaped flowers amongst their grandeur evergreen leaves. "they've got interesting symbolism as well; danger and caution. how fitting." the snicker that sounded from him was less that of amusement and more of irony.

he wasn't entirely sure of what drove him to research the obscurely placed plant outside his room's window, but he had, and his findings nauseated him. they smelled sweet, but were toxic to humans and animals, not meant for ingestion.

who knows, maybe he'll offer a tea to his cow-killer of a friend.

a twig snapped and the grass crunched underneath a foot that didn't belong to jimin, "how is it that i always find you talking to insects?" to his right, walking towards him, was min yoongi.

min yoongi his savior and calming balm.

the man looked nothing like the regality he oozed, dressed in a fading flannel and black top, the rips in his pants fluttering in the faint breeze that rustled by every so often. jimin's smile spread out lazily across his lips and made home in is eyes, his dark brown irises sparkling with a life yoongi hadn't seen for a while now.

in the distance, there was the low whir of a lawn mower, the faint laughter of children from the next block, and the dribbling of a ball against pavement. yoongi sat beside the blank-minded boy, shoving their shoulders together in a friendly greeting. in that instant, jimin's book fell shut.

"how's my princess doing?" he turned his body towards yoongi, fingers swiping hair out of the older's sleepy face. "i'm tired. but i've been sleeping better, kookie calls me every night to make sure i'm okay." the blond slurred around his words with a small smile and droopy eyes.

bags had appeared underneath the older's vulpine eyes, making their sharpness seem less intimidating and more pitiful. "my sweet baby," jimin cooed, taking yoongi's cheeks into his hands and kissing the tip of his button nose gently. "my lovely boy, do you want some chamomile? you can rest on the couch if you like." the suggestion was spoken in soft whispers, yoongi already nodding off into a trance-like state of slumber at jimin's voice.

in the few minutes they'd been sitting on the concrete slab that was jimin's patio, yoongi's fingers had absentmindedly strung flower-ended weeds throughout the frays and tears of his jeans.

"we can nap together?" yoongi questioned quietly, holding jimin's wrists with his own hands, keeping the palms of the other on his warmed cheeks.

jimin hummed agreeably, helping yoongi to his feet. "come on, my heart, lets get you rested." he lead yoongi inside, leaving the bumblebee to its lonesome, leaving the toxic flowers behind.

wishing he could leave all that was toxic behind.

___________
/:

anyone remember that one time jimin called yoongi princess? jf you do then you're the readers i gotta watch out for >.< i don't recall half the shit i've spewed so far..

/:

um and shameless promo (is that what it's called?) but you guys should check out 2am (it's one of my books) (i like it)