003

003

Outside wasn't so bad after all

it was sunny out and it felt nice against jimin's skin. it warmed the goosebumps off of his exposed arms and legs as he sat in the grass under his tree. the blades of green under him tickled the backs of of his legs every time he'd shift, but he didn't mind.

a lady bug found it's way onto the paper of his sketch book, too.

at first he was freaked out and almost threw the book at the tree, but something soothing washed over him and he just watched the red and black spotted bug rest on his sketch.

he hummed a tune under his breath and tentatively extended his index finger towards the creature.

"pretty little buggy, hop on my fingie." he sang, nudging the lady bug so it'd crawl onto the pad of his finger. the insect sluggishly climbed onto jimin's slightly chubby finger and he giggled.

he wasn't the biggest advocate of insects, but he'd make an exception this one time.

"look at you; the lady bug whisperer." the sudden unfamiliar voice came from in front of jimin. he looked up, calmly, to see a boy around his age standing on the sidewalk.

"the one and only." jimin played along with a smile.

"what's she saying?" the stranger asked, daring to take a step closer towards jimin's lawn, but never leaving the security of the sidewalk.

jimin found this oddly cute.

"it's actually a he," jimin took his finger with the bug on it and brought it closer to his ear. he nodded and would hum in understanding occasionally as if he were actually hearing something. "yeah, definitely a guy." jimin bullshitted; he couldn't tell the sex of a damn ladybug.

the stranger shifted on his feet. he looked like he wanted to come closer. jimin wouldn't mind.

"you want to talk to him with me?" as soon as the sentence left his mouth, a blush flamed across jimin's face and reached up to his ears. it was such a dumb question. dumb and childish. he didn't want to scare the cute boy off, especially if this was his chance to finally gain a friend in the neighborhood.

but the boy kept up with the game, much to jimin's relief, "i'm sure he's got many interesting stories to share," he confidently strode up to where jimin sat and plopped himself down beside him.

there was enough space between the both of them for the situation to remain cordial and respectful. jimin was grateful for this, he didn't want his dad to come out and see some stranger sitting too close for his liking beside his son.

it didn't matter who the person was, boy or girl, if jimin was just a fraction too close to another person his dad grew suspicious.

at first jimin thought the man was paranoid and it concerned him a bit, but his dad was just like that. he didn't want jimin to grow up too fast—there were a lot of mistakes his father made in the past, and he wanted jimin to be different from him.

with this in mind, jimin tried his hardest to please his father. it wasn't like he was looking for relationships anyway; he was too busy with sketching his life away.

"does he, by any chance have a name?" the stranger spoke, tilting his head to the side in curiosity. keeping up with the game, jimin held the bug beside his ear again, glad it hadn't flown off his finger yet. "his name is bartholomew." jimin said curtly, holding back his chuckles at the name.

"barth–" the boy pressed his lips together to conceal his own laughter. "how do you even spell that?" he asked after clearing his throat.

jimin lifted his shoulders up and dropped them in a shrug of nonchalance, "i have no idea, i can't speak english." he said, setting the ladybug back down onto his sketchbook.

"well, now that i know bartholomew's name, can i know yours?"

jimin tried to not show how taken aback he was by the tone the stranger used. it had a hint of flirtation in it with the way he smiled and the way his eyes narrowed.

however, jimin gulped, and it was pretty evident. "oh, yeah," he grew nervous suddenly. this is what happens when you don't flirt or engage in much human interaction over long periods of time. "my name is park jimin." he stuck out a hand for the boy to shake.

adding to the surprise, the stranger took his hand, and rather than shaking it, he kissed jimin's knuckles faintly.

"i'm min yoongi," he mumbled against his hand, eyes locked on jimin's.

_____
when you're hungry, yoonmin is the best

i have no self control when it comes to updating new books, im sorry