059

059

Parting ways with the group was only slightly awkward in jimin's opinion when he and yoongi crossed the grass to step onto the older's driveway

Parting ways with the group was only slightly awkward in jimin's opinion when he and yoongi crossed the grass to step onto the older's driveway. it had briefly slipped jimin's mind that yoongi and jungkook were neighbors.

yoongi claimed he wanted to change into something nicer for their date, unable to keep back the giddy smile that swept across his features. it was endearing, jimin felt, when the boy had been so overcome in joy that he nearly opened his front door in his face.

"seriously, baby," jimin doubled over in laughter, bracing himself against the wall to keep himself from falling over, "be careful."

"says you," yoongi scorned with a pout, "get up, your shoulder is on my doorbell." he tugged jimin by his waist and ushered the boy through the door. as always, yoongi's house was nice and tidy.

jimin felt a little envious, wishing he could say he'd be as cleanly once living on his own. one thing he noticed though, is that yoongi's house lacked the actual feeling of homeliness and comfort; it didn't feel lived in. the question of whether he ever felt lonely itched at the base of jimin's throat but he wasn't able to ask when yoongi spoke up before him.

"i'm heading up to change, wanna come with?" he winked, snaking his arms around jimin's waist with a devilishly handsome smile. "if I went up with you we might miss the first stop." jimin's eyes gleamed and yoongi reluctantly pulled away with a sigh. his attention was still caught, however, at the mention of their date.

jimin swore lightly when he realized he'd given yoongi a hint though he was trying his hardest to not spoil anything. thankfully, yoongi resorted to smiling like an idiot rather than inquiring further.

"well, if you won't come up with me you might as well make yourself at home." he brought his hand up and ruffled jimin's bangs, splaying the limp strands haphazardly. "I know I didn't style this, but I still don't appreciate how condescending this feels." jimin sulked, turning yoongi around and pushing him towards the stairs.

"but min," yoongi exhaled exasperatedly, "you are inferior to me since i'm older than you, after all, and not to mention way more handsome. just let me tease you a little." he sagged his weight against jimin's palms suddenly. the added weight nearly made jimin stumble, scoffing with disbelief at how childish the blond was being at such a crucial time.

the sight was surely an amusing one. yoongi, who's back was flat against jimin's outstretched palms like a woe beset maiden, and jimin, who's legs extended far back with his steps due to his socks having poor traction against the floor. yoongi found the situation all the more comical when the younger kicked him on the butt once finally making it to the stairs.

"you're impossible, min yoongi." jimin huffed, blowing his bangs upwards in annoyance. yoongi's eyes searched jimin's face during this time, his expression molding into a much softer one.