030

030

Jimin owned absolutely nothing extravagant enough to show up to an art gala in

Jimin owned absolutely nothing extravagant enough to show up to an art gala in. he stressed this a few days ago to seokjin and taehyung, fretting when the youngest began to gush over fashion. little to jimin's knowledge, but well informed now, taehyung was a gigantic advocate for clothing and accessories.

it was the day of the gala, and jimin's outfit for the evening had arrived in the late afternoon; it came in a neatly stamped package. there was a card slid into the lime green ribbon holding the box closed. chuckling as he picked up the item, he had sauntered back into his home in glee.

currently, he was stood in front of his mirror propped in the corner of his room. his fan light was on it's highest setting, the yellow lighting washing the room in an unflattering color. however, it couldn't take away the beauty that hung about jimin's body.

"holy shit." he breathed, eyes wide in disbelief.

now, jimin of all people knew that he was attractive. he just didn't know he could be more so with the right clothes and jewelry.

his favorite part of his outfit, however, turned out to be his shoes. they were lustrous and fine scaled crocodile leather loafers. the note written to him had explained at the bottom they were also made in spain. he felt rightfully elegant and debutant in them.

jimin had no time to ogle over his image, as the car he called was parked and waiting for him to come out. squealing once from a build up of overexcitement, he grabbed his belongings and bounded out of his home.

he greeted the driver and gave him the address to the gallery. they've been driving for only a few minutes before conversation started. "do you have any music you'd like to listen to?" the male asked, glancing at jimin from the rearview mirror. his cap had the logo of the driving company, the same embroidery that was stitched into his black polo shirt.

"would that be okay?" jimin asked, eyes wide and hopeful. "of course!" the driver offered in a friendly manner, "all good looking people listen to good music, and i need some new songs for my playlist." he flashed a smile, revealing a gold upper frenulum piercing. it stunned jimin for a moment, as he hasn't seen much of those, but he relaxed as soon after. he handed his phone over, watching the driver plug in the auxiliary cord.

the jitters came as they neared closer to the venue. at first, he was enjoying the scenery and his music playing throughout the car. but now, reality seemed to settle down on him. he hadn't seen yoongi in a while—though it was his fault. he told himself that he wouldn't lie to the blond any further, finding it ridiculous that he was being so flighty.

he was angry with his father; he'd blamed his issues on him. he knew he'd be a much better romantic partner and wouldn't see everything as a temporary fling if his dad would just let him have a relationship.

"are you alright chim?" the driver asked once pulling up to a red light. chim was a nickname jimin was called over the years, and he used it to create the profile to company site that aids drivers. "yeah...it's just..." he trailed off, tearing his eyes away from the window and city lights to look at the man. "i've been avoiding this person who i've been seeing, and i know i'll run into him tonight. i guess i'm just nervous he'll be mad."

the driver nodded in understanding, soaking up the information being told. "i'd be upset as well, but if you tell him why, i'm sure he'll understand." silence hung in the air and the light flashed again. it flooded the tarred street way in green light. it showered earlier in the night, leaving a dreary, wet sheet over every surface.

"well, you see," jimin sighed, fighting the urge to tousle his neatly done hair. he shifted in his seat as he saw the destination nearing.

there were white strobe lightings pointing towards the grand, solid wooden doors of the gallery. many people, dressed as nicely as jimin, were entering or lingering around the outside. the driver pulled up to the curb as jimin fished out his payment from his wallet.

"you thought i was going to sit here and expose myself to a stranger," he pulled his phone from the auxiliary cord and sat the money down on the middle console between the driver and passenger seat, "never judge a book by it's cover."

his driver pulled a face of offense, yet was unable to get the last word once jimin exited the car.

he readjusted his top and took and a deep breath to calm his nerves. it was a bit cool out and their was moisture in the air from the previous rain, but the distraction of adrenaline and excitement warmed jimin's skin enough for him to not notice the temperature.

the heels of his shoes clicked against the brick pavement as he took confident strides up to the entryway. eventually, his steps became more hesitant when realizing there was something similar to that of a bouncer. he appeared to be ticking off names on the paper attached to the clipboard in his hands.

"name?" his voice wasn't low nor gruff, but friendly—like a mirror of his smile. "park jimin?" the uncertainty in jimin's voice had the bouncer raising his brow in questioning.

"do you have an id?" he scanned through the names on the paper as jimin opened up his wallet again. he handed over an identification card over to him, which was quickly given back after being checked. the man thanked him, telling jimin to enjoy his time.

jimin knew he would, because yoongi and his friends would be there. and as soon as jimin walked inside, he became far more interesting than the artwork.

____________
i was going to make the night longer, but i just decided to split it into 2 parts