Prologue

My name is Paislee Martin. I'm eighteen, and I just recently graduated from High School. There isn't much to know about me, but I'll give you the basics. First of all, my parents have been divorced for about five years now. I was fifteen when I found out my father had cheated on my mother. 

     Am I mad at my father? Yes, and a small part of me always will be. But I don't think any differently of him. I still love him with all my heart, and hope he gets the best. In fact, he's been seeing this lady, Charlie, and they're pretty serious. I like her, a lot. Her and I have gotten close recently. 

    My mother does know about Charlie, and she doesn't like her. Just because of the soul purpose that she's been dating my father. My mother has tried dating, but she's just afraid to fall in love again. I've tried talking to her, about dating, about my father, but she always brushes me off, so I don't push it. 

    I live with my mother in Texas, but for one month during the summertime, I travel to California to visit my father. I try to spend as much time as I can with him, mainly because I hardly get to see him, and I'm going to be going to college soon. I still don't know where, but I know I want to go for sure. 

   Both my father and Charlie work. Their schedules are wild, but they try to work it out so we can all three spend time together. My favorite nights are game nights. We out on some silly TV show, and pull out all the games we have. We always end up playing charades. At my father's house, I actually feel like i'm at home. 

     It's not that I don't feel at home when i'm with my mother, but it's not as good of a home feeling as it is when i'm with my father. I try and talk to her about personal problems, to grow a strong relationship, but all she does is drink and complain about my father and his 'happy family.'

     Most of the time, i'll come home and she's passed out on the couch with a bottle of wine. I try hard not to fight with her, but it's hard when you have to be the parent to your parent. 

    Now, i'm not quite sure of a lot of things. Like fairy tales, love, friendship. But I do know a few things for sure, and one of them is a best friend, she's basically family now. I have lots of friends down here in Texas, but none of them are good friends.

    The kind that will hold you when you're in your darkest moments, the ones that will come over any time of the day or night, who will stitch up your wounds and make you forget about everything in the world. No, my friends in Texas are the complete opposite. 

    When I had found out about my fathers affair, I was broken, confused. I needed someone to talk too, I went to my two closest friends, Sydney and Shyla. We've been through a lot, so I thought we were like sisters, they had been there for me, but for some reason this time, they weren't. 

    They said they had better things to do then hear me cry about my problems. They said they were tired of me, thinking all I want to do is talk about myself, but that's not true, I hardly ever do because i'm constantly hearing about their problems.

    Anyway, I realized I needed to get rid of some heavy weight, and they were about the heaviest. I quite talking to them. They've tried to contact me and give me a sob story about how they were drunk and they didn't mean any of it, but I know that was just a shitty excuse. 

   My real best friend is in California. In fact, she's Charlies daughter, she's my age and she's the kindest person I've ever met. Her name is Julia, her room is next to mine. She's never turned her back on me, she's always up to talk about my problems and i', always willing to talk to her about hers as well. 

    If I could, I would move to California and live with my father in a heartbeat. Yes, I would miss my mother dearly, but i'm an adult now and it's time I make my own decisions.I would visit my mother every summer like I'm doing with my father. But my mother would never approve, especially if it's because of my father, I would need a "better reason", as my mother would say. 

    Second is that I know my one happy place in California. The beach. It's quiet and reserved, and it's peaceful and relaxing. I enjoy the sounds of the ocean and the birds flying. The smell of fried food, ice cream, and drinks. I enjoy the sun shining on my body, making me feel warm. 

   The beach gives me time to think about everything, to kind of reflect on myself. It's my safe place, the one area that gives me a sense of joy and happiness. I enjoy the people and the aroma of the place. I like the relax and lay out on my beach towel, with a small umbrella over myself. 

   The third, and final thing, is a boy. I met him at the beach, and he somehow wedged his way into my life, and now he's a big part of it. I never would have imagined he would be the one to give me happiness and heartbreak and make me feel so free all at the same time. 

   He was gentle and didn't try to pry into my life unless I wanted to tell him my story, I guess that's what attracted me to him the most. He cared for me, something that no guy has ever done to me before. He was hilarious and care free, he didn't care what other people thought, just himself. 

   His name is Harry, Harry Styles. He's in a band called One Direction. I don't think of him as famous, I don't put labels on people, were all human and all deserve to be treated the same. Every one treats him like a celebrity, they judge him before they get to know him, all because of the media. 

    I was the only one who saw past that, the only one that wanted to know him for him. I got to know the good side of Harry, the thrilling side of Harry, and most of all, the sentimental side of Harry. 

    That's the basics of what you need to know. So for now, sit back and relax and enjoy the thrill ride of a love story full of first love, heartbreak, and happiness. 

   The love story of Me and Harry Styles. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I'm super excited for this book, I know what I want to do with it and I'm going to take so much time to write every chapter. 

Also if you're a new reader, please go check out my other three books I've published. I loved writing them all, but I think this one will be my favorite. 

Thank you guys so much for reading and don't forget to vote and comment! :))

~Kayla