38

Hours upon hours of drinking and mingling, everyone had made their way home. Harry stayed of course, he said he wanted to help clean up the small mess we had made, and he wanted to stay and spend some time with me. 

    Everyone had stayed until it was six o'clock. They had mentioned they were all staying at a hotel just down the street, so they're not too far away from us. 

    Overall, tonight went pretty well. I was proud of my mother for finally taking action, and making things up with my father and finally getting to know Charlie. After about three glasses of wine, my mother cut herself off and began drinking water, which made me even more proud of her. 

    Harry was in the kitchen, helping my mother wash and put away the dishes, and I was hugging the boys goodbye. I watched them carefully as they all got into the car safely before driving off. I shut the door softly, and made my way to the kitchen. I stopped when I eavesdropped on their conversation. 

     "When are you going to tell her?" Harry had asked, drying one of the wine glasses then handing it to my mother to put away. She sighed. 

    "As soon as she comes back into the kitchen." She said. I took that as my cue, and stepped into the kitchen. 

   I walked straight to Harry who placed his arm around my shoulder, as I grabbed his hand and intertwined our hands. I looked from him to my mother, with a smile. 

   "Tell me what?" I asked. Harry looked at my mother, and I followed his gaze. My mother thinned her lips, then took a few steps towards me. 

    "Well." My mother began, letting out a nervous sigh. "I'm pretty sure I know what your answer is, but I just need to make sure it's the right one."

     I looked at her and Harry with a confused look on my face. Harry just gave me a small nod, followed by a smile. I looked back at my mother who had a nervous but excited look on her face. 

    "How would you feel if we moved to California?" She asked, fidgeting with her hands. 

    My emotions quickly rose. Excitement, joy, sadness, and nervousness. Was she planning on moving to California? Was she really willing to make that big step in her life?

    "I'd say this day keeps getting better, but something bad is bound to happen."I say, a hint of joking in there. Harry chuckled a bit. "But, I would be okay with it. I mean, I would miss Texas, but California feels more like home."  I sneaked a peek at Harry, who smiled, squeezing me a bit. 

   "Lucky for us, your father helped find us a house." She said, with a small smile. My heart sped up, due to the sense of happiness that was consuming my body. "It's a couple houses down from his, so you can visit and stay the night there anytime you'd like." It was quiet for a moment. "What do you say?"

    I couldn't help but smile.The thought of moving to my happy place, going to the beach everyday. Most of all, being with Harry everyday. My world lit up, brighter than it ever has been. I've always wanted to move to California, but I never thought my mother would want too. But, everything has changed in the past week, for the better. 

   "I'd say.... Yes!" I exclaimed. I released from Harry's grasp, and hugged my mother tightly. "When are we leaving?"

   "In a week. That's when Everyone is going back, so we'll fly with them." My mother said. She smiled, going back to the kitchen sink to continue washing the dishes. 

    I ran over to Harry, engulfing him in a huge bear hug. He kissed the top of my head gently. As we released, I looked up at him, smiling. 

    "Now we will be together everyday." I whispered. 

    "And I can't wait to spend every minute of it with you." He whispered back, kissing me gently. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Sorry for the shitty small update, I've been busy lately. UGHH!! Senior year is already stressful and school hasn't even started yet!!! ://

Thanks for reading! I love you guys!!

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

~Kayla