3

The plane ride went by quicker than expected, mainly because I slept through most of it. I got upset when I missed the free drinks and snacks, but, i'll just raid my dads fridge when I get there. 

    As our plane landed, I looked out the window remembering the all familiar airport of California. I pulled out my phone just seeing a few messages about from my mother saying how she sorry she wasn't she couldn't be there to say bye. I rolled my eyes, scrolling some more. 

   I had a few messages from Julia asking me how long before I got here, I quickly replied. I had some from Mark. I ignored his for now, and pulled up my fathers messages and told him I had landed. 

    It took a long twenty minutes to get off the plane, that's my least favorite part about flying. People push and shove to literally get an inch ahead of someone, it was stupid and caused all kinds of panic. 

    Once I got off the plane, I was greeted by my father, Charlie and Julia at the gate. I smiled big as I saw them walking closer to me. I hugged my dad first, who had tears in his eyes like he always does when I come. 

    I inhale his familiar scent. I studied his face, his blue eyes and dark brown hair, his little stubble of facial hair growing. I smile into his embrace as I hug him as tight as I can. We quickly release, exchanging smiles. I then turn to Charlie, giving her a smile and hug as well. 

    "Hey!" I exclaim, turning towards Julia. She looked at me, squealing then pulling me into a hug. "I missed you! How are you?"

    "Eh, the usual." She says, shrugging her shoulders. "Trying my best to not get annoyed by the adults." I let out a laugh, squeezing her arm. 

    Once we said our hello's, we went to get my luggage. I quickly grabbed my bag, and we headed to the garage to get to the car. The trip home was full of questions like what all I did so far for summer, and if I got into any relationships. 

    When we arrived at the house, dad said I was free to do whatever I want. Julia and I ran upstairs to my bedroom, only so we could talk. 

    I opened the door to my room, the walls a baby blue color, the big door leading to the balcony outside with a beautiful view of nature. My bed was clean, with my favorite fuzzy blanket folded neatly at the end. I placed my suitcase in the corner of my room, as Julia took a seat on the bed. Shortly after I joined her. 

    "So what's been going on here lately?" I questioned, laying on my side, with my elbow propped so I could lean on it comfortably. She sighed, joining me in the same position. 

    "Not much has happened really." She stated, a bit of sadness in her voice. "Oh, but do you want to know something amazing!" She jumped up, obviously very hyper about this topic. 

    "Hm?" I say, looking at her with my eyebrows crunched together. 

    "One Direction is here! Like in Our hometown." She squealed. "They are taking a break since they just finished touring."

    "Oh." I say, nodding. "That's nice." It was silent for a few moments. I looked up seeing Julia with her mouth wide open, along with her eyes. I just looked at her, waiting for her to say something. 

    "What?!" She exclaims. "You're not the least bit excited?" I shrug my shoulders. "Paislee, they're famous, and in our hometown."

    "Julia, you know how I feel about labels." I annoyingly state. "I don't think of them any different then us. They're just human beings too."

    "Oh my god." She says, rolling her eyes. "yes, they're human beings, but they're famous! and really attractive."

     "Whatever." I state, rolling my eyes. "I was thinking of going to the beach tomorrow. Would you want to join me?"