66

[ H A R R Y ]

     A week had passed by since the night of the party, and not much has happened. Paislee began to realize summer was coming to an end, which meant her time to send applications to college were beginning to get thin. So, I helped her research the best colleges in Cali near her house, since she doesn't want to move into a dorm. 

     We found several colleges, and she sent in her application, essays, and recommendations. Now, all we have to do is wait. I don't have doubt that they won't take her, she's smart, way smarter than she gives herself credit for, so one of the colleges is bound to want her. 

     Over the weekend, my mother had asked me to ask Paislee to come over for dinner so they could properly meet. Of course, when I told Paislee, she began to freak out. I calmed her down, and she happily agreed.

      Which led us to now. It was only thirty minutes until she would arrive, and my mother and sister were excitingly waiting for her arrival. My mother wanted me to dress nice, like I haven't done that on our past dates, and special occasions. 

     I went with my usual black skinny jeans, and a red flannel, a few of the buttons undone at the top. I put my hair up in somewhat of a quiff, since I know Paislee loves it when my hair is done like that. To finish it off, I put on my brown Chelsea boots that I love so much. 

     I was currently helping my mother and sister set the table, and make some of the food for tonight. I was interrupted by the sound of my phone buzzing. I reached into my back pocket, looking at the screen. I saw a text from Paislee saying she was here. Right on time, as usual. 

    "Paislee's here mom!" I yelled, walking to the door. 

    I grabbed the handle, swinging the door open, revealing Paislee. She looked beautiful as ever. She wore a nice T-shirt dress, and some sandals to go with it. Her hair was in a ponytail, some loose strands hanging on the sides of her face, and some makeup. 

    She looked at me surprised that I had beat her to the door. I just smiled at her. 

    "Wow." She said, a light chuckle at the end. "Good timing."

    "I couldn't help it. I wanted to see you." I said, with a smile at the end. I motioned for her to step in, and she did just that. I closed the door behind her, after she stepped through. 

   I grabbed her hand, twirling her around, and kissing her gently on her lips. When we pulled away, she looked up at me smiling. 

   "You're getting smoother and smoother every time." She said, with a hint of a smirk on her face. I smiled, shrugging. 

     I led her into the kitchen where the dining room table was, and where my mother and sister were already sitting. There were two empty chairs on the right side of the table for Paislee and I, and we quickly took our seats. 

    "Hello sweetie!" My mother said, with a huge smile plastered on her face. "We're so glad you could make it!" 

     "Thank you for having me Ms. Anne." She said, politely smiling back. 

     My sister looked at Paislee and I, motioning us to lean in, and we did. 

     "She's just glad she had an excuse to make this fancy dinner." She whispered sarcastically. 

      All of us quietly laughed, then going back to our regular stands. 

      "Well." My mother said, looking at all of us. "Dig in!"

~~~

       After about thirty minutes of eating, laughing and talking, we had all finished, and we were just  sitting around the table, having a nice conversation. It had felt nice, we made it through dinner without any interrogation and awkward moments, it all felt natural. 

      "So, Paislee." My mother said, starting up another conversation. "Are you planning on going to college?"

     "Yes ma'am." She said. "In fact the past week, Harry has been helping me write my college essays and helping me find good colleges around my house. We sent in a few applications, but now i'm just waiting to hear back."

      "I'm sure you'll make it. You're a smart young lady." My mother said, making her feel even more confident. "I wish Harry would go to college and graduate also."

     I sighed deeply, letting her know I was getting upset. She always mentioned college to me. Ever since the band took off, she's been trying to encourage me to go to school. She's happy i'm doing what I love, but she would like to see me advance in schooling. 

    "Mom." Gemma said, answering for me. "He finished high school, you should be proud he did that, not everyone finishes high school. Besides, he's a musician now, and he's doing what he loves, and he doesn't have time for school on top of that."

    I looked at Gemma, who looked at me. I mouthed her a 'Thank you.' She just smiled, with a nod in return. 

   "I know, and I am very proud of you darling." She said, placing her hand on my cheek for a moment. 

     "You know." Paislee said, looking at me with a smirk, then at my mother. "I could teach him some college lessons when I don't have classes, so in our book, he's in college and  he will graduate."

     We all laughed, seeing at how Paislee was trying to see the bright side of things. I looked her, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. 

    "Sounds like a deal." My mother said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Yay for momma and Gemma! 

I'm so sad this is going to be ending but i have the news coming in the second to last chapter!! :)))

Also, all the stores have halloween decor now and i'm so excited! I love halloween sm! :)

Don't forge to vote and comment!

~Kayla