6

[ H A R R Y ]

       As we all walked down the streets, trying to find a place to eat, we chose a little diner on the corner. Paislee walked up in excitement. I had asked her why she was so happy, she just said it meant a lot to her. 

     I don't know what it is about her, but she has definitely caught my attention. Those word she used when we met. 'You're just like any normal human being.' 'I don't think of you any differently than me.'  Those words were something that I've never heard used towards me, especially by someone who knows who I am. 

     It felt nice to have met two new people, who know who you are, treat you like you're not that person. To have someone wanting to get to know you for you, not the celebrity part. It feels like all we've been doing is not being our selves, letting the media determine who we are. But here, with Julia and Paislee, I feel like i'm in control of who I say I am. 

    As we entered the diner, a few people had noticed who we are. They came up to us in tears and excitement, asking us shyly for autographs and pictures. Paislee and Julia understood, and told us they would get us a booth. 

    After our little escapade, we made our way to the booth with the girls. I immediately noticed Paislee's long light brown hair, with her light brown eyes meeting mine. I took my seat next to her, smiling as I did so. 

   As we all settled down in our seats, Niall of course taking a seat next to Julia. They have really connected today, but i'm glad, Niall needs a beautiful girl in his life. 

   "So are both of you guys from around here?" I curiously ask, breaking the silence. Julia was the one to speak. In fact, this was the first time she has talked and said more than two words, Paislee has done most of the talking today. 

    "Actually." She began. "I'm from around here. But Paislee here, she's from Texas." She smiled at the end, looking at Paislee. I look at her in shock, not expecting her to be a Texas kind of girl. 

    "Really?" I question, scrunching my eyebrows. She nods in response. 

    "What part of Texas are you from?" Louis chimed in. 

    Louis was entertaining to watch, to observe. He didn't have a care on the world. He never acts like he wants to grow up, he just always wants to have a good time and joke around. In some ways, I'm jealous of him. I wish I could live a care free life. 

   Before Paislee could answer his question, the waiter came by and gave us complimentary waters, and told us he would be back in a few minutes to take our orders. We nodded, thanking him, and carried on with our conversation. 

    "To answer your question." She began, taking a small sip of her water. "I'm from Houston. My mother wanted to move there because it's sort of in the middle of everything, but I would much rather be isolated than be in the middle of things."

    "Why's that?" Niall asked, Julia watching the words leave his lips. I couldn't help but smile. 

   "I don't know." She answered truthfully. She looked down at her thumbs she had been twiddling this whole time. "I guess I just like to be away from everyone so I can think. Reflect on myself, try to figure my future out. That's why I go to the beach almost every day that I come down here to visit."

    "Visit?" I question. I can tell by the look on her face that this is a touchy subject. "I'm sorry. You don't have to answer if you don't want too." I shake my head. 

    "No, it's fine." She says, giving me a small smile. "I come here to visit my father. My parents split a while back, and now my father is dating her mother." She finished, pointing to Julia who smiles. 

     We all nod, not wanting to push the topic. Moments later our waiter came by, ready to take our orders. We all ordered, and thanked the waiter as he left. Paislee was the first to speak this time. 

    "Wait." She said, a bit confused. "Isn't there five of you?" 

     At that moment, I remember we were missing one. We were so preoccupied with having fun, and being normal teenagers, that one of us was missing out on the experience. That someone being Zayn. 

    "Oh yeah." Julia said, swallowing her water. "Where's Zayn?"

    "Date night." Liam informed. I was surprised to hear him say something. I had totally forgotten he was here, because he was so quiet. "He took Perrie on this 'amazing' date he had planned for days."

    We all nodded as our waiter came back with our food, none of us being shy at taking the first bite. 

~~~ 

      After about thirty minutes of eating and paying, we had decided it was time to leave. We walked back to their car, all of us making small talk on the way. When we got closer to the car, the more I want to think of something else to do, but I knew that we had to go. 

    "You guys go ahead." I say to the others, waving them off. "We'll catch up." They nodded, making there way to the car. 

    "Is this your idea of getting me alone?" She teased, an eyebrow raised. I laughed, shaking my head. 

    "No." I said. "If I wanted to get you alone I would be way quicker and more slick than that." We both laughed, eventually slowly dying down. I looked at her, as she looked up from the ground. "I had a wonderful day with you. And Julia."

     "I had a good time as well." She stated. 

     "I was hoping we could hang out in the future." I shyly say. "Have more fun filled days like today." 

      She looked at me, thinning her lips, thinking about what to say or do next. She holds out her hand. 

    "Give me your phone." She demands. My eyes widen, then I quickly pull my phone out for her, unlocking it. She taps on the screen for a a minute, then hands it back to me. I look down, seeing her name and number in my contacts. "Use it." She says, and begins to walk away. 

    "Wait!" I call out after her, before she gets any further. She turns around, looking at me. "If I text you, you'll respond?" 

    She just tilts her head, smirking. Then she turns around and begins walking to her car. I focus my attention to her, smiling as she walks away. 

   "Right." I whisper to myself. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N:

So I'm really liking this book so far. 

And yes, this is when Zayn and Perrie were dating, so if you ship them, congrats! lol

Don't forget to vote and comment!

~Kayla