44

Three more days had passed, leaving my mother and I three days to pack up and say our goodbyes. I haven't started packing, but my mother told me I had to start today, which made me only not want to do it even more, but I began packing anyway. 

     It's not that I don't want to move to California, because I do, I really do. My future is there, and ever since I was little, I've always wanted to move there. But, now that it's actually happening, i'm just having some personal thoughts run around my head. 

    I began to think of my life here, and what it has become. I made friends, especially Mark. I learned life lessons, and I learned how to ride my bike just outside on the street. I was born and raised here. I've always complained that I never liked it, but I had an emotional connection. 

    As these thoughts were racing around in my head, I was packing up all my clothes first into my big black suitcase. I didn't want to be alone while packing, in case I got off guard, or for some reason, began to doubt my reason for moving. I had Julia come over, who brought along Niall. Harry and the other boys were still sleeping, considering it was eight thirty in the morning. 

    I looked around my room, seeing bits of my room begin to look empty. I brought excitement and some sadness into my heart. My closet was empty, and I could see every wall. My dresser was almost empty as well, most of my drawers out and cleared. I shook my head, breaking my trance and went back to packing. 

    "This picture of Harry and you, is so cute." Julia said, grabbing my picture frame from my nightstand. She looked at it for a moment, then showed it to me as if I didn't know what she was talking about. 

    I did like the picture, a lot, it beat the one someone had taken of us kissing on the beach. My mother had taken it the other day, while we all went out and just spent the day together. She wanted to get a picture of us in front of this really pretty big tree. 

    Of course we agreed, and went in front of the tree. As my mother was about to snap the picture, Harry tickled my side, causing me to burst out in laughter. He grabbed my hand, while I died of laughter, and he just looked at me with a smile. So, that was our picture. Me laughing in his arms, while he's just smiling at me. But, it's super cute, and I love it. 

    "I know, it beats all the others we have." I stated,walking over to clear out my last drawer in my dresser. I grabbed every thing, then threw it on the bed, and neatly packed them one by one. 

    "Yeah." Niall joined, looking at the picture, then me. "You guys are a cute couple." I gave him a small smile, then looked back down to pack. It was quiet for a moment until Niall decided to speak up. "Are you okay? You seem a little upset."

    I stopped packing, sighing and taking a seat at my desk. I looked around for a bit, then spoke up. 

    "It's just." I stumbled, trying to find the right words. "Mark doesn't know yet, I haven't told him."

    "And that's a problem?" Julia asked. She didn't know much about Mark and I's friendship. All she knows is that he's my only friend here that I trust, and that we've been best friends since we were five years old. 

    "Yeah, it is." I said, nodding slightly. I scoffed. "I broke our promise."

    Niall, sat up in his chair, trying to study me for any answer he could get. 

    "What promise." He asked, but it sounded more like a statement. 

     "Mark is the only friend I have here who didn't abandon me." I began, speaking softly. "We have been friend since we were five years old. In seventh grade, we made a promise to each other. No matter where life take us, we would never split apart, and we would never loose touch. With me moving to California, i'm basically breaking that promise."

     I shifted around in my chair a bit, trying to get more comfortable. Niall, thinned his lips, understanding my words. Although I was expecting him to speak next, he didn't, Julia stepped up. 

    "So you're worried he's going to be pissed you broke your promise from the seventh grade, and that you guys won't be close anymore?" She questioned. I swallowed then nodded. "Paislee. Look at you and I. We have been friend for seven years now, and we both lived in two different states, and we are still close. In fact, we've grown closer. You and Mark will be perfectly fine, and he'll understand your situation if he's truly your best friend."

     I sat there, letting her words soak in. She was right. We have had a long distance friendship for seven years, and we have only grown closer. If Mark was truly my best friend, which I believe he is, he'll understand my decision and why I chose it, and not just because of Harry.

     "You're right." I said, shaking my head. I stood back up, continuing to pack my belongings. "I'm sure he'll understand."

     "Of course she's right, she always is." Niall said, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, then giving her a quick peck on the lips. "That's one of the reasons I'm dating her."

    "Shut up!" She said, slapping him playfully. "There are plenty of reasons." We all laughed, within seconds it died down. "So how are you going to tell Mark?"

    Before I had a chance to speak, my door opened. 

    "Tell me what?" A familiar voice said. My eyes went wide, and I swallowed hard before slowly looking at the door. I knew it was him, but I just had to make sure, and it was. 

     "Paislee. Tell me what?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

So these next maybe three chapter aren't full of Harry and Paislee, but they will have some... but don't worry they will come back! :))

Sorry for not updating yesterday I got super busy so I apologize. 

Thank you so much for reading! I love you guys! Don't forget to vote and comment!

~Kayla