45

"Um." I stumbled on my words. I didn't want to come right out with it, I wanted to at least do it privately. I swallowed hard. "Uh." I looked down at the ground, then up at Julia and Niall. Julia inhaled deeply, getting up from her seat.

      "I think we should let them talk this out privately." Julia said to Niall, grabbing his hand and dragging him out of the room. Before Niall was completely gone, he gave me a reassuring smile, and I gave him a small one in return.

     Niall shut the door quietly. It was quiet for a moment, I took a seat on the edge of my bed. I inhaled deeply, putting my head in my hands. I heard Mark take steps over to me, taking a seat next to me. He placed his hand on my back comfortingly, drawing circles. 

    "Come on Paislee, it can't be that bad." He said. "Remember when I got that horrible hair cut in eighth grade? I mean, it made me look like a coconut and I cried almost every day that school year, but you were always there for me to cheer me up. So, i'm here to do the same."

    I chuckled lightly at his story. I remember that year like it just happened. He did cry at least once everyday, whether it was for five minutes or the entire day. I always found him the boys restroom. Of course, people made fun of me for going in there, but I couldn't let my best friend cry by himself. 

     "Mark." I said, finally looking him in the eyes. "This is way different." Mark looked at me in a confused manner, taking his hand off of my back and placing it in his lap. 

    "Then what is it?" He asked, growing a little impatient. I sighed before speaking. 

    "Do you remember our promise we made to each other in seventh grade?" I questioned. He took a minute to think, but his face didn't say anything. "That we would always be best friends and stick together and never leave one another?"

    His face lit up when he finally remembered. He let out a laugh. 

    "Oh yeah." He said, nodding his head. "We agreed to go to college together, room together, do every thing together." I nodded, then it grew quiet for a second. "Why bring that up?"

    I looked at him, then back at the ground, not being able to tell him eye to eye. 

    "Well." I said, clearing my throat. "My mother gave me news a few days ago. She wants to move to California, only if I want to go."

    "So you need advice on how to deny her request." He stated, sure that I was going to say no to her offer. I thinned my lips, then bit it. 

    "No." I softly said, shaking my head. "Mark, I'm moving to California. I agreed."

    He looked at me, I could see that water was forming in his eyes. It hurt to see him crying over me, knowing I broke our promise, making me feel like a shitty friend. I placed my hand on his shoulder, but he knocked it off quickly. He furiously jumped off the bed. 

    "You agreed?!" He yelled, looking at me with angry eyes. "You're going to move to California? Leave me here all alone?"

    "I don't want to, Mark." I stated firmly. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. 

     "Then why are you going?" He asked, pacing around my room. "We made plans to room together, go to college together, to never leave each other."

     "I know, but." I said, pausing before speaking once more. "I have a future in California."

     He looked at me, a bit more angry if that's even possible. 

     "It's because of Harry isn't it?" He said, trying to keep his voice calm. "You're moving there to be with Harry."

     "It's a small part of it, yes. But-" I was began, but was soon interrupted by a shouting Mark. 

      "God!" He said, tugging at his hair, a small tear falling down his cheeks. "Every since you met Harry you've been blinded by him. All that's on your mind is Harry. Harry this, Harry that. I'm tired of it!"

     Then, something sparked in me. I got angry. I got up from the bed quickly, walking closer to Mark. 

    "You know what?" I said, raising my voice. "I talk about Harry because he's always there for me, and i'm always there for him. Yes, were dating, but he's also my best friend." It was quiet for a moment, my words hurting Mark a bit. "You know, I was worried you'd get angry, but every one told me 'Don't worry Paislee, if he's truly your best friend he'll understand.' I believed them, because I believed you were my best friend and you would understand why I would want to move! But I guess not."

    Mark didn't say anything. I just looked at him angrily, tears streaming down my face. He was staring back at me, trying to hold in his tears. 

    "It's more than Harry." I said, my voice cracking from the yelling I did. I cleared my throat once more. "If you were ever my best friend, you would know the real reason I want to move." 

      A single tear fell down his face, he quickly wiped it, his nose sniffling. He cleared his throat, and swallowed hard. 

    "Yeah, I would." He said. "But it looks like we never were best friends." And with that, he angrily left, leaving me to drown in my tears. 

~~~

      Once Niall and Julia saw Mark leave, they immediately came rushing into my room. They came and comforted me, and let me cry on their shoulder without saying a word. Julia said she was going to call Harry, to tell him to come over so we can talk about it. 

    Niall also mentioned they weren't going to leave until he came.  Withing ten minutes later, Harry showed up at my bedroom door, rushing over to me when he saw me crying. Julia and Niall took that as here cue to leave, and gave me one last hug before doing so. 

    "Babe." He said, gently taking a seat next to me. "What's wrong? Why are you so upset?"

    "Mark and I got into a fight." I said, more tears falling down. Harry wrapped his arms around me, and pulled me in closer to his body. "He said all I ever talk about is you, and that i'm blinded by you. That the only reason I want to move is because of you. But that's not the reason."

     "Right." He said. "It's because you feel like your family is a family again. Something you wanted since they split up, and you feel like moving is a fresh start."

    I wiggled out of his grasp, looking at him. He just smiled at me, a little confused. I grabbed his face, gently pressing my lips to his. I slowly released, looking into his green eyes. 

   "What was that for?" He whispered. 

    "For understanding." I whispered back, with a smile. I went back into his arms, enjoying his touch. 

     "I'll talk to Mark for you." He stated. "Every thing will be okay before we leave."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Wow, so I like this chapter. Also I don't know how many but I have an idea for how it will end, but in a few chapter it will end, I just don't know how many until then, lol.:)

ALSO THANK YOU GUYS FOR OVER 550 READS! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! <3

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to vote and comment!

~Kayla