46

[ H A R R Y ]

      Just one more day. Tomorrow. We all leave Texas, and go home to California. I couldn't be any more happier, I couldn't wait to go back and record more music, and spend almost everyday with Paislee like we did over the summer. 

     The last week had been amazing. Spending every day of every minute with Paislee, learning more about her family and enjoying their presence. Although, the last two days, Paislee hasn't really been herself due to her fight with Mark. 

     She hasn't been acting depressed, although it's written all over her face. She's been trying to act 'normal' for all of us, but sometimes she leaves traces of sadness. Sometimes her eyes are a little red, due to crying, her laughs are a little forced, and her body language is slightly off. 

     I hadn't had the time to talk to Mark for Paislee yet, I've been busy trying to get her not to think about it. But, today we didn't make any plans, seeing as she and her mother are packing the house up. I took this as my opportunity to talk to Mark. 

      I walked down to this coffee shop that Paislee had said Mark goes to every morning, and just sits and relaxes. It was miserably hot outside, so I'm planning on talking to him inside. As I was walking these beautiful streets, I was on the phone with Paislee. 

     "No babe, I can't." I said, letting out a soft chuckle. Paislee was trying to get me to go over her house, and help her pack up the house with her mother. She probably thinks I don't want to, but she doesn't know I'm trying to help her, and if I mention Mark, her mood will drop instantly. 

     "Why not?" She whined, making me smile. She always looked so cute when she begged for something. Her eyes got real big, and she would pout her lip, making me give into her. 

     "I'm doing something very important right now that's important to you." I stated. "Which means it's important to me, too." I stopped in front of the coffee shop, it looked similar to the one back in California. 

     "Can you tell me what it is?" She asked curiously. I lightly laughed at her attempt to know answers. 

    I looked inside the coffee shop, seeing a familiar face. Mark. I took that as my chance to go in and talk to him. 

    "You'll know soon, I promise." I said. I began walking into the coffee shop, the cool air blowing into my face. "I have to go babe, I love you."

    "I love you too." She said, then we hung up. 

     I walked up to Mark, waiting for him to turn around from ordering his drink. Once he paid the lady, he turned around, looking straight at me and froze in his place. I gave him a smile, and he just thinned his lips, obviously at a lost for words. 

      "We need to talk." I said, studying his features. He looked like he had been trying to hold his emotions in as well. "Do you want to sit down?" He nodded his head, and I lead us to a table in the far back corner. 

    We slowly sat down, both of us quiet, not sure how to start the conversation. I looked at him, thinking of the best way to ease into this topic. Humor? Straight forward? Irony?

    "Paislee told me everything that happened." I said, beginning the conversation. "Those were painful things you said about me." I teased, trying to use some humor. 

     "Yeah, sorry about that." He said, letting out a small chuckle. "You're actually a really good guy and i'm a big fan so.." I laughed, a bit. It was quiet for a moment, but I knew I had to talk to him. 

     "So what's going on man? Why are you angry with her?" I questioned. He inhaled deeply. 

    "She broke our promise from seventh grade." He said, taking a small sip of his coffee. "We agreed we would always stick with each other through thick and thin. When she told me, my first thought as to why she would want to move, was you."

    I sat back in my chair, my arms crossed, listening to Mark carefully. 

    "It was in the heat of the moment, my emotions were heightened. I thought you were the cause for all of it, that she was blinded by her love for you." He looked down at his drink, then back at me. "But I realized now it's not about you, it's about her family."It was quiet for a moment. "Even if I wanted to make things right, I said some hurtful things, and she was super pissed at me."

      "You guys have been best friends for seven years." I said, placing my elbows on the table. "You guys have already been through thick and thin. Her moving, is not going to change any of that. Besides, you can come visit anytime. Even if you can't afford it, the guys and I would be more than happy to help."

      "Thanks, but, I just don't think were going to that close again." I said. "I want too, but I just don't think it will happen."

     I sigh, getting up from my seat, looking down at Mark. 

     "Well." I began. "We're leaving tomorrow, at noon. You know where to find us if you want to get anything off of your chest."

     He didn't say anything, just looked down at his drink once more. I looked at him and sighed again, leaving him to be by himself. Now, the only thing that i'm looking forward too is tomorrow. 

     The day everything happy begins. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Yay for this chapter! 

UGHHHH!!! SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW AND I WANT TO KILL MYSELF! SUMMER WENT BY TOO FUCKING FAST!

Anyway thank you guys for reading and for over 650 reads!!!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

~Kayla