48

The plane ride seemed to go by quicker than I remember. Maybe it was because I spent most of the time sleeping on Harry's shoulder, and occupying myself by watching some movies the plane had for free. 

       The seats were in sets of three, and Louis wanted to sit with Harry and I. Zayn, Liam, and Niall sat in the seats next to us, then my mother, Julia, and Charlie in front of us, then my father across from them. 

     Everyone spent the whole plane ride talking and getting to know each other a little better. Mainly my father and mother were talking to Harry, and I head lots of laughter and serious talk. They might of thought I was asleep, but I occasionally woke up and listened in on their conversation. 

     After two hours of a long tiring flight, we had finally landed in the familiar California airport. Everyone quickly piled off the plane to get their luggage, and to stretch. It felt so nice to stretch after two hours on a crammed plane. 

     We all waited for one another to get off the plane before going to get our luggage. It took us a good thirty minutes to for us all to get our luggage, to be honest considering how many of us their were, I thought it would take way longer. 

    We all took two separate Taxi's to my new house. I was excited and nervous at the same time, I was finally living here in California like I had always hoped, and I was nervous to see the new house, see if it had reminded me of our old house now in Texas. Harry had noticed me biting my lip nervously, so he held my hand the whole car ride to reassure me every thing will be perfectly fine. 

     After a solid forty five minute drive, we pulled up in front of our new house. It was beautiful, way gorgeous than our house back in Texas. It was white bricked, and had a circular outlining that reminded me of a castle. It was definitely a two story, and way out of our price range, so how could my mother afford it?

    As we piled out of the Taxi, my mother was standing in front of the house with a huge smile on her face, looking directly at me.  

    "Surprise!" My mother excitingly said, holding her hands out towards the house. I saw my father walk up to the Taxi driver and pay him, then he sped off down the street. I looked at the house, then at her in awe. 

    "It's beautiful mom." I said in shock. "But, this had to be out of our price range. How can we afford it?" 

     She gave me a smile, like she already had all of that planned out. She put her hands on the side of my shoulders before explaining. 

     "Well." She began. "I already got a job here. I'm a nurse at the nearest hospital, yes the hours are crazy but It pays well, and I think it will be a nice job. The hospital bought this house for us as a welcome gift."

    I was in shock. My mother a nurse? No way. It was generous of the hospital to buy us this house, but I felt a little guilty taking it. It was huge, too huge for just my mother and I, we would of been happy with a cute little one story house. 

    "Paislee." She said with a stern face. "When I told you I wanted to start over, be a your mother again, support us. I wasn't lying. I want to be the mother you've always wanted."

    I gave her a sympathetic smile. Did she really think she was that bad? I mean, I know I said somethings that I shouldn't have about her, but I didn't mean it. She was my mother and I love her, I never wanted her to feel like shit about herself. 

    "Mom, you were always the mother I wanted." I stated. Harry came over, and touching my hand slightly for support. "If you ever felt bad about yourself, I'm sorry, I didn't want you to feel that way. You're my mother, I will always love you no matter what."

     She smiled, her sniffling a bit. She wrapped me into a big hug. I always enjoyed her hugs, I felt safe and secure when i'm wrapped inside her arms. She slowly released, a smile on her face. 

     "Why don't we go inside?" She questioned. I nodded, and we all followed her into our new house. 

    Here's to new adventures to come. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Sorry for the some what short update! I'm just really busy lately with school and trainer for football but I will try my best! Don't give up on me yet!

ALSO THANK YOU TO HURRICANE HARVEY FOR MAKING ALL THE SCHOOLS IN TEXAS CLOSE DOWN!! NOW I DONT HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL TODAY!!!!

Don't forget to Vote and comment! Thanks for almost 700 reads!!!

~Kayla