60

[ H A R R Y ]

      We danced for another hour. Each of the guys wanted to slow dance with Paislee, so when they did, I just relaxed and talked with Paislee's family. I stood there while I took everything in, enjoying the beautiful atmosphere. 

     I was relieved and way beyond happy that Paislee had accepted, I knew she would, but there could have been some doubt, and she was just good at covering it up. I'm not going to lie, I was nervous as hell to present her the ring, and I had no idea why. 

     Paislee's gift was gorgeous. She knew I needed a necklace, and this one was perfect. It had a beautiful meaning to it, and anytime we have doubts about our relationship, or we go on a break, which I don't think will happen, I can look down at the necklace and know we will find our way back to each other. 

     I watched as Paislee danced Liam. It was amazing how I managed to find an outstanding girlfriend, and made four new best friends that became more like my brothers, and were doing the one thing we all love, and experiencing it together. 

    "Hey kid." A familiar voice said. I turned in the direction of the voice, only to realize it was Jesse. I smiled, giving him a handshake. 

     "Hey." I said back. "How are you enjoying the rodeo?"

     He shrugged, looking around, as did I. 

     "We did a good job." He nodded a bit. 

     It was quiet for a moment, not awkward at all, both of us just enjoying the view. I quickly broke it by speaking. 

     "Thanks again, Jesse." I stated. "Without you, none of this would have happened. You made Paislee happy."

      "No." He said, shaking his head. "I only provided, you had the idea. You made her happy, as usual im assuming. I mean, you blush and smile bad when you talk about her."

     "I do not!" I protested, but knowing that only made him even more right. He just crossed his arms looking at me, eyebrows raised. We both laughed, eventually it faded. 

    "So, am I going to get to meet the famous Paislee?" He questioned. 

     I was so busy trying to make sure Paislee was having a good time, and worrying about the promise ring, that I had forgotten to introduce her to Jesse like I had said before. I looked at Paislee, seeing that the song had ended and there was an up beat song playing. I took this as my opportunity. 

     I waved to Jesse, signaling for him to follow me. I led him through a small crowd that led straight to Paislee. When we had reached her, she came up to me, giving me a big hug. I laughed, seeing that she was happy. 

    "Paislee." I said. She looked at me, waiting for me to speak. "This is Jesse. He provided all the supplies we needed to make this rodeo happen. He also is the one who got Sam Hunt here as well."

     "Oh!" She excitingly said, turning her attention to Jesse. "Nice to meet you, thank you for helping him out." 

     They shook hands, Jesse saying something as they did. 

    "You are something special to him, girl." He said, looking at me then back at her. "He blushes and smiles constantly when he talks about you. It's kind of pathetic."

     "Hey!" I said, jokingly trying to sound offended. Paislee and Jesse laughed, Paislee giving me a wink afterwards. I only gave her a smile back.

      "Any way I was glad to help. I know what it's like to be deeply in love with someone." He said, with a small smile, looking at the ground slightly. 

      "Were you in a relationship, sir?" I asked, trying my best not to pry into his life. He nodded. 

      "What happened?" Paislee said. She walked over to me, coming into my grasp. She wrapped her arms around my waist, hugging me, while I put mine over her shoulder. 

      "She moved away." He said. "I thought our love was strong enough to make her stay, but it wasn't. Then we tried the whole, long distance relationship, but that didn't really work out. We could never make the time for each other."

      It was hard to hear, considering Paislee and I could have gone through the same thing if she didn't move here. Paislee hugged me tighter, and I kissed the top of her head gently. 

     "We both decided it's best we go our separate ways." He continued. "I was heart broken, took me some time before I got my life together. Spent most of that time crying, wishing that I could have done something to make us work. But eventually I got better."

     "What about now?" I questioned, softly, feeling bad for him. I remember how I felt when Paislee had broken up with me, I was terribly miserable and all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and scream and cry all day. 

     "We haven't talked since then." He stated. " I see the occasional pictures of her every now and then. She's still beautiful as ever."

     "Im sorry Jesse." Paislee said. "I know how that feels."

    I nodded along to her response, both of us thinking about the same thing. 

   "I'm guessing you guys had a falling out?" He questioned. We both nodded. "Well, you guys are perfect for each other. Just don't do anything that could mess it up." We both nodded once more, knowing that nothing could stop us now. 

    It was quiet. Jesse leaned in to Paislee, whispering to her, but just loud enough for me to hear. 

    "If he gives you any problems, call me. I'll come kick his ass." He said, winking at her. I just glared at him, with a small smile on my face. "Anyway, I'll let you guys get back to whatever it is you teenagers do these days."

     With that, he walked away, going back to wherever he was. His story made me realize how precious time really is. I needed to spend my time wisely, between Paislee, the band, and my lads. I looked down at Paislee, who had untangled herself from my grasp. 

    I quickly cupped her cheeks, and kissed her softly and passionately. When we pulled apart, she laughed, looking at me confused. 

    "What?" She said, biting her lip. Something that I love. 

    "Nothing." I answered. "Just making the best of my time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

WELL! THAT IS THE END OF THE ANNIVERSARY!! :(( I KNOW I HAD A REALLY FUN TIME WRITING IT AND I LOVED IT!

Anyway, thanks for reading! I love y'all!!

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

~Kayla