47

[ P A I S L E E ]

     Today is the day, the day I leave everything behind and move to California like I always dreamed. I couldn't wait for this day to come, but now that it has, I wish it would all stop for a few minutes. 

     I wanted the chance to look around one last time, and say my final goodbyes. I wanted to say good bye to all my friends from school that haven't left for college yet, I wanted to walk into the coffee shop I would go to everyday. Most of all, I wanted to make things right with Mark. 

    I said things I shouldn't of, but it was just in the heat of the moment, and I didn't mean any of it. I wanted my best friend back. I wanted to talk to him about everything again, and I wanted to hear what he had to say. 

     We have been friends for so long, this can't be the way our friend ship ends. It can't end at all. I knew I needed to talk to him, but I just couldn't bear it. He would scoff and turn away, or say something sarcastic the entire time I try to make it up to him.

    Harry said he would talk to Mark for me, but I don't think he has. Even of he did, I don't think it would make that much of a difference. 

    It was nearly eleven, which meant we were leaving. Everyone had come to our house after they checked out of the hotel. My mother, Charlie, and father were going in one taxi, then me, Julia and the boys were going in another. 

    The whole car ride was full of laughter and joking. I did feel slightly better, but when we passed Mark's house, my whole mood had changed and I hated myself for it. I looked out the window, looking at his house until it was no longer in eye sight. 

     Harry noticed. He grabbed my hand interlacing our hands, I looked at him and gave him a weak smile, and he gave me a gently kiss on the lips.  

    "You do know I talked to Mark for you right?" He questioned, squeezing my hand. He did? Why didn't he tell me? I looked at him in confusion. 

    "You did?" I asked. He nodded slightly. 

     "We had a good talk." He stated. "I told him that we were leaving today at noon, and he'd know where to find us."

     "How do you know he's going to show up?" I questioned, sure that he wouldn't. "We both said somethings we didn't mean, we can't face each other." I looked back out the window angry at myself. 

    Harry sighed, turning my head to look at him. I fought back my tears, not letting them fall down. He gave me a sympathetic smile, and that's what I loved most about him. He knew exactly what to do and say when I'm upset, when i'm at my weakest. 

     "He will show, babe." He whispered, gently rubbing his thumb on my cheek. I nodded, kissing him passionately.

~~~

      Within thirty minutes we all arrived at the airport, then by the time we all checked in our bags and went through security we had about twenty minutes until we began boarding. While waiting the adults went to get a drink, and the rest of us hung around talking and laughing as usual. 

     "Flight 1030 to California is now boarding." The lady's voice said over the loud speaker. 

     "Looks like we're boarding!" Zayn said happily. 

    I grabbed my things sighing, knowing Mark wouldn't show up. I think Harry was disappointed as well, he wrapped me up in his arms and we began walking to the gate. Just as I was about to hand the lady my ticket, I heard my name being called. 

    "Paislee!" A familiar voice said. Mark? No way, I must be hallucinating. I stopped, turning around to face Harry. 

    "Did you hear that?" I questioned. 

    "Hear what?" He said, looking at me. 

    "It sounded like someone yelled me name." I said, shaking my head. "I must be hearing things."

    "Paislee!" The voice said, again. 

    This time both Harry and I heard it, we looked in the direction it was coming from. My eyes went wide at the sight of the familiar face, running my way. 

    Mark. 

    My heart began to speed up at the sight of him getting closer and closer. Once he was inches away from me, he engulfed me in a huge hug, something I was not expecting. 

    "We need to talk." He said, before releasing me from the hug. I nodded, thinning my lips. 

    "Hey Louis." Harry called before he boarded the plane. He turned around to look at Harry. "Tell everyone we'll be there in a minute, we have something important to do." Louis nodded, and boarded the plane. 

    Harry and I followed Mark away from the boarding line. It was quiet, neither one of us sure what to say. 

   "I'm sorry." Mark and I both said in unison. We both grinned, a small laugh escaping our lips. 

   "No." Mark said, swallowing. "I'm sorry. I know your reason for moving wasn't all about Harry. I know it has to do with your family, feeling like you have one again. I was being selfish, just thinking about my happiness that i wasn't thinking about yours. Truth is, i'm gad moving to California is happiness for you, that's all you ever wanted. Also, Harry is an amazing guy, and what you guys have is a once in a lifetime thing, so hold onto it."

    I smiled at his words, at all of it. I missed having him here to talk too, and i'm glad we;re finally clearing things up.

   "Thanks Mark." I said. Harry grabbed my hand, intertwining them once more. "I'm sorry as well. I didn't know you had felt that way. I should of thought about how you would feel. Also, I'm sorry for what I said about you not being my best friend. I know you are, and I always want you to be."

    "Hey guys." Harry said, interrupting with concern in his voice. "Sorry to ruin the moment but we have to board or else the plane is going to take off without us."

     Mark and I looked at each other, then hugged one last time. 

    "You better come visit me." I said with a laugh. 

     "I will." He said, releasing from the hug. "Thanks for everything man, without you, I never would have gotten my bestfriend back." He said, shaking Harry's hand. 

     "You're welcome, dude." He said with a smile. "Be safe."

     And with that, Harry and I boarded the plane, ready to see what the future holds for us in California. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I LIKED THIS CHAPTER AND IDK WHY

Also sorry for not updating yesterday, school started yesterday and I have trainer after school everyday until five because of football, so if I don't update one day it will be the next!!

ALSO THANKS FOR OVER 660 READS!!! UGH ILY GUYS SO MUCH!!!

Don't forget to leave a vote and comment!

~Kayla