7

The whole car ride home yesterday was filled with Julia fangirling over the fact that we hung out with One Direction, and exchanged numbers. She kept babbling about how much she liked Niall, and how sweet and charming he was. I took that as my opportunity to tease her about how cute they would be together, all she did was blush and deny. 

       Eventually it we made it home quicker than expected, which I was glad, I was tired of listening to Julia just because I was extremely exhausted. Charlie was asleep when we had arrived home, but my father had stayed up to make sure we got home safely. 

     I fell asleep last night thinking about Harry. Thinking that he was completely the opposite of what I thought he would be. He was sweet, humorous, and care free. The media made him out to look like a monster, like all he cared about was his money and the fame. But that's just not who the real Harry Styles is. 

    I woke up to the sound of a light knock on my door. I slowly opened my eyes, checking the time on the clock beside me. Nine-thirty. At least I got way more sleep here than I did with my mother, whom speaking of, I still haven't talked to.

    I shifted my body, sitting up and telling whoever it is to come in the room. To my surprise it was Charlie. I gave her a small smile, trying my best to act like i'm awake even though i'm not. She gave a smile back, entering my room. 

    "So." She said, taking a seat on the bed next to me. "You came home late for a day at the beach." She looked, at me smirking. I couldn't help, but smile back. "What happened?"

   I shifted a little bit, thinking about if I should tell her. I mean, it's not that big of a deal, but something about Harry had caught my attentions. I know it's not feelings, I hardly know him, but it's just... something. 

     I figured I should tell her, she's not a teen. She won't go and gossip about it to her other forty-some-year-old friends, about my whereabouts with One Direction. I sighed, beginning to speak. 

    "If I tell you, just promise you won't say anything. I promised them I wouldn't say anything while they're on their time off." I state. She nodded in agreement. "Julia and I sort of spent the day with One Direction."

    "Wait." She paused. She looked at me, one eyebrow raised. "Isn't that the band Julia likes?" I nod. "Oh my god. They're all really attractive. How did you guys meet?"

   I thought back to that moment, not knowing that the guys playing Volleyball would waltz into my world. How the boy in the bright yellow swim trunks would leave such an impression on me. 

   "Well." I said, beginning the story. "We were laying down, then all of a sudden this volleyball hits me. Then, the next thing I know, Harry Styles is hovering over me asking for the ball back, and that lead to a conversation."

   "That's how you spent the day with them?"She questioned in shock. I liked having Charlie, she was like the mother I used to have. The on who cared, the one who wanted to go shopping, and wants to hear about my problems in life. I shook my head in response to her question. 

    "After about two hours of lying in the sun. Julia was still shocked that I talked to Harry, she talked about how much she would love if she could talk to them." I say, shaking my head with a smile. "So, I grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her to their direction, and yeah. Harry introduced us to the others, and that's how that happened."

    Charlie studied me, with a slight smile on her face. I looked at her in a worried manner. Why was she looking at me like this? I didn't say or do anything wrong did I? I thought I was doing Julia a big favor.

   "Who's this Harry Styles?" She says breaking the silence, her eye never leaving mine. I swallow hard. Was it that obvious?

    "He's in the band." I state, which was pretty clear since we spent the whole day with him. I shake my head before speaking again. "I don't know what it is about him Charlie, I can't stop thinking about him, and not in a romantic way. He's just so... different from what I expected. He's carefree, funny, and a normal teenage boy living his dreams with his four best friends."

    It's silent for a moment. Charlie, trying to process it all. 

   "I don't know what it is." I quietly say, playing with my hands. "I have never had a guy make me feel like this. I mean, we exchanged numbers, and all that's in my mind is the question 'Is he going to call? Text?' And I hate it. I feel like a desperate teenager."

    Charlie let out a laugh before speaking.

    "You want to know what I think?" She asks, adjusting herself. "I think, that if he feels the same way, he'll call, not text. I believe he'll call you."

    Just as she finished that sentence, my phone began vibrating. I grabbed it, looking at the caller I.D. The name 'Styles' had appeared. My heart began to pound, I could hear it beating through my ears, and my eyes went wide. 

    "Is it him?" Charlie questions. I nod. She gets up from the bed, walking out the door, not saying a word. 

    I get up from my bed as well, pacing around my room, my phone still vibrating. I debated for a moment on whether or not I should answer. But my mind takes over and I answer the phone. 

   "Hello?" I answer, biting my lip. 

   "Hey, Paislee." Harry said, I could tell he was most likely smiling, like I was. "It's Harry."

    "Ah, it's Mr. Styles." I tease. "And what would you like?"

    He laughed. 

   "I was wondering if you would like to hang out this evening?" He asked. I felt my body stiffen a little. "Just you and I, maybe we can get to know each other better."

   I liked the idea of being alone with him, getting to know him better. But I didn't want to sound urgent, so I strung my answer along. 

   "Hmm." I say. "And what would we be doing?"

    "I was thinking maybe dinner, than we can walk along the ocean?" He suggests. I roll my eyes, thinking about how cliche that is. 

   "Sounds a little cliche, and super romantic for a friendship hangout." I state, smiling. "But, i'm in. I'm all about cliche stuff. What time?" 

   "I was thinking about six-thirty. I'll pick you up at six? Text me your address." He says. 

   "Will do."

    "Goodbye Paislee." He says.

   "Goodbye Mr. Styles." I say, then hang up the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I don't know if i've said this but if you like 5sos, please go check out my other books I have written.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

~Kayla