2

The next day rolled around, which meant I was leaving in a few hours to go see my father. I still haven't packed, which means I should probably do that now. See, i'm the type of person who pulls things off until last minute, I get that trait from my father. I've always been like that since I was little, and it always annoyed my mother. 

     I stopped scrolling through Instagram, seeing that Julia had posted a picture we had taken the last time I was there. We did a cute and cliche best friend picture. It was at the beach I love so much, my father, Charlie, Julia and I decided to go there. 

     Julia and I always take a cute high quality picture at least once while i'm there.Charlie had taken the photo, since she's a girl and knows how it's supposed to be done. Julia and I went to the shoreline, standing there with our hand put together making a heart, with the sunset in the background. 

     I smiled at the picture, giving the screen a quick double tap. I turned my speaker on, connecting my phone and letting various music play. I went to my closet and grabbed my big black suitcase and threw it on my bed. 

     I walked to my closet, debating on what I should bring with me. I grabbed a few tops, bottoms, and a few dresses and packed them in my suitcase. Mid-way through my packing process, there was a knock on my door. 

    "Come in!" I yelled, knowing it was probably just my mother. The door flung open, and to my surprise it wasn't my mother, but one of my close friends Mark. 

    Mark and I met in English last year, when we got partnered to do some stupid project. He came over that day and instead of doing homework, we talked and had a good time. Halfway through our relationship I found out he was gay. He was secretly dating this guy and he wanted so badly to tell someone about it, and that someone was me, since I was the only one he trusted and he's the only one I trust. 

    Mark and I grew close over the year, he's the closest thing I have to best friend down here. I guess you could say  between him and Julia, they are my only two friends. 

    "Hey sweet thang." Mark chimed. I rolled my eyes, letting out a small laugh, walking to my dresser to find more clothing. 

    "What do you want Mark?" I questioned, making it sound a little harsher than intended. I grabbed a pair of night shorts, and a few various tank tops to go with it, and placed them in the suitcase. 

   "Wow." he said shocked, putting his hands up in defense. "Someone is a little cranky." He closed the door and jumped onto my bed, almost making my suitcase fall off the bed. I gave him glare, and he gave me a 'im sorry' look. I let out a sigh before speaking again. 

   "I'm sorry Mark." I say, rubbing my forehead. "You know me, I wait to pack last minute and it gets stressful." I grabbed some underwear and bras and placed them in the suitcase. "Plus, my mother has been pissing me off as usual."

    "Ah, I see." Mark began, tilting his head up. "I'm sorry to hear that girl, and i'm sorry to tell you what she said to me just now..." He began to trail off, certain that I would get upset. 

    "Tell me what?" I irritated. He didn't say anything, he tried to look anywhere but my face. "Mark. Tell me what." I provoked. 

    "She said she had to go somewhere today." He shyly stated. "And that she can't take you to the airport, that I have to take you."

     I rolled my eyes, scoffing. This is just like my mother. Anything that involves my father, she always leaves, even if I leave her for a month. 

    "It figures." I say, zipping up my suitcase. "Whatever, it doesn't matter. Let's get going."

***

      The car ride to the airport was full of talking, mainly about Mark and his boyfriend problems. We did have an occasional rant about certain things, but most of it was relationship problems. I liked talking about relationships with Mark, he knows I haven't had a boyfriend in a while, and he respects that. 

      He was never one to pry into my personal life, unless he knew it was something that need to be talked about, or if I wanted to say something. That one of the traits I enjoyed about him. 

    When we arrived at the airport, Mark was determined to have me not carry a single thing. But hey, i'm not complaining. After checking in my bag and walking through security, we made it to my gate. Luckily was packed, since my flight hardly has anyone on it. 

    After about thirty or so minutes my flight began boarding. Mark and I got up, getting ready to say our goodbyes. 

   "Listen carefully girl." Mark began. "If anything goes on down there, like romantically, I better be one of the first people to know about it. In detail." He pointed a finger at me. I chuckled at his statement. 

    "I will." I promised. "But I don't think I want a boyfriend from another state, especially if I only get to see him for one month per year."

    "Touche." He said. "Have a good time, I'm going to miss you." He wrapped me up into a hug, moving his hand up and down. "I'll see you when you come back. You better keep in touch." We slowly released from the hug. 

    "I will. I promise." I said, before walking into the plane. 

    I took my assigned seat next to the window. Luckily no one sat with me. I positioned myself so I could sleep the whole ride, but also so I can look pout the window.

   I slowly began to drift off, ready for what's to come in California. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Yay for a good chapter 2

I hope you guys are enjoying it! Thanks so much for reading!

Don't forget to vote and comment!!!

~Kayla