18

After a couple of minutes, we were ready to go. I didn't put much effort into my outfit, nor did I care, I wasn't trying to impress anyone. I kept my long brown hair down, I didn't apply any makeup and I put my glasses on. I chose to wear black Nike shorts, and a tank top with a light white jacket over it. 

     Julia, of course, took the longest. She always felt the need to get dressed up no matter where we go. She claims she doesn't get dressed up, but, putting on a full face of makeup and taking about twenty minutes to find the 'perfect' outfit, qualifies as dressed up for me. 

    I grabbed my purse, and headed down stairs to meet Julia in the kitchen. She grabbed a bottle water for herself and I. I grabbed the keys and gave them to her, telling her to start up the car and I'll be there in a minute. She nodded, and did as I said. 

    I looked around the kitchen trying to find a some piece of paper. I saw sticky notes in the back corner and I grabbed one, along with a pen, and wrote on it explaining to my father and Charlie where Julia and I were going. 

   I stuck it on the fridge knowing that would be the most obvious place, and headed outside hopping in the car with Julia. I put the key in the ignition and drove off. 

   The car ride was mainly silent, since all we did was blast the music and sing a long. Sadly, I haven't gotten any texts or calls from Harry, I knew I wouldn't considering he's in the studio today, but a small part of me wishes he would. 

   I parked the car somewhat in the middle of all the shops. I hated coming to these shops because they always have cute things, and all I want to do is buy everything. Also, I hated shopping for special occasions, especially dates. I felt like there was so much pressure to find the right outfit, and I always got insecure. 

   "So." Julia began, breaking the silence between us as we walked to the first shop we parked in front of. It was a nice clothing store, mainly full of dresses, and it looked hella expensive. "Your outfit depends on where you guys are going. Did he tell you anything?" 

    "Yeah." I nod, thinning my lips. "He said he's taking me to my favorite diner for dinner, and then were hanging out at the beach afterwards."

   She nodded, pursing her lips as we made our way into the store. The cold air was chilly, which made me glad I wore my jacket. The place was super clean and organized, and I was happy about that. Just to confirm my suspicions about this place being pricey, I grabbed a price tag of the closest piece of clothing near me and looked at it. One simple black dress was two-hundred dollars. My eyes went wide, as I placed the tag back. 

   "Okay, then this is for sure not the store you want to shop in." She said, dragging me out. I didn't say anything but I was glad, that place was not worth it. "You want an outfit that is casual, but not too casual. It needs to look like you tried, but not too much. You know?"

    Oddly enough, I knew she  was right. To be honest, I didn't think she would be this accurate about this topic. She had never mentioned going on any dates before, so it's just odd she knows so much. 

   "Wow." I say, with a surprised look on my face. "I didn't know you were so...accurate with this type of thing."

    She gave me a look as if she had been offended. 

   "What?" She questioned, eyebrows raised. "I do go on dates you know. It hurts to think that you think I don't."

    "Okay." I say, lingering on the 'Y.' taking me a few seconds to understand what she just said. I shook it off as I followed her to the next store. 

    She led me to this store on the corner that's supposedly just for teenagers, and she claims they are cheap and have a lot of cute outfits I would enjoy. I took her advice since I did come in here once with Charlie, and they were cheap and did have a lot of cute clothes. 

    As we walked in, yet again, the cold air sending shivers throughout my body. I didn't even know where to begin to look, but luckily enough Julia did, and she grabbed my wrist and pulled me along with her to the back where the sales are. That's what i'm talking about. I know i'm cheap, but hey, the sales have some good clothes. 

   After about twenty five minutes of picking a choosing. Julia had found a cute romper. It was grey, black and white and had all kinds of designs on it, kind of like a tribal design I guess. It was spaghetti strapped, and I decided if I wanted to, I could wear a light white camisole over it. 

    "This is perfect!" I excitingly say, taking it from her hands, and heading to the dressing rooms. 

    I quickly change out of my current clothes, and put on the romper, excited to see how it will look. Once I slipped it on, I turned to look at myself in the mirror. I was stunned. It fit perfectly, it wasn't too much, and it was casual. The top wasn't low and the shorts weren't too short. The color made me look tan which I enjoyed. This was perfect. 

    I changed out of the romper and put my clothes I had on before back on. I left the dressing room, finding Julia sitting on a chair. She quickly got up when she saw me walk out. 

   "Well?" She questioned, eager to know if it worked or not. 

    "I like it a lot. I'm going with this." I say, flinging the piece of clothing over my arm. Julia smiled, pulling me along to god knows where. 

   "Good." She said. I noticed she brought me to the shoe section and the accessories. "Now, we need to find you some shoes and jewelry. I know you don't have anything decent with you."

   I just smiled, putting a thumbs up, she laughed at my stupidity and began looking for shoes. Within five minutes she had found everything I needed. She chose light brown sandals with a strap at the top, and one at the back. 

   She found a indigo necklace that had a tint of brown in it, and it was absolutely gorgeous. She also found me some white hooped earrings with jewels hanging down. If i'm being honest, I'm glad I had her come, I never would have known what to wear, let alone pick something out for myself. 

    "Well, your outfit is complete." She smiled proudly. "He's going to fall in love when he see's you in this."

    "Yeah." I said, laughing lightly at her comment. "Let's hope."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR READING ILY GUYS SO MUCH!!! I HOPE YOU GUYS LOVE THE BOOK OR YOU'RE ENJOYING IT AT LEAST. 

Don't forget to vote and comment! :)))

~Kayla