4

"What are you wearing to the beach?" Julia asked, looking through her pile of clothes and swim suits she placed on my bed. 

      Last night went by fast. After Julia and I had talked for hours, My father had come in to tell us to get ready for dinner. Every time I come down we go to the little diner around the corner, it became an annual thing on the night that I fly in. 

    I liked going to the diner because it reminded me of my childhood, the days my family used to be a family. The smell of fried potatoes and eggs, the sound of laughter, and seeing everyone having a good meal with the people they love. 

   But sometimes when I go to the diner, all those memories are too much. I begin to remember all the happy days, and then I swell up in tears and jealousy. But, overall we had a good time at the diner, Charlie told us some terrible jokes like she always does. 

    After dinner, we all came home and went to bed. I was still extremely tired from the plane. Although, I don't know why considering I slept the whole flight. In the morning I was the first one to wake up, then Julia, who came bursting into my room ready to go to the beach already, and now, here we are. 

     "A swim suit?" I teased questioningly, shrugging a little. She just glared at me, sticking her tongue out. 

    "Which bathing suit are you going to wear?"She suspiciously asked, looking through my bathing suits I brought. "I mean, all of yours are cute. You'll have every guy looking at you. You're perfect."

     I roll my eyes, and sigh. I hated when people called me 'perfect', because i'm not, i'm like every other person out there. But they compare themselves to other people, making their self esteem lower. 

    "I'm not perfect and you know it." I angrily say, swatting her hand away from my stuff. "And I don't know." I looked at all my options, grabbing one moments later. "Maybe this one?" 

    It was white, with black and orange palm trees. The top covered my chest as well as my boobs, obviously, and it snaked around my neck, it ended just a couple inches below my breasts. The bottoms were high wasted, rising just above my belly button, the sides had black horizontal lines. 

     "That's perfect." She excitingly squealed. I laughed, shaking my head. "All mine are ugly, can I borrow one of yours?" I nod, as she grabs her favorite one. 

    "I'm going to go to the bathroom and change." I say, walking into the bathroom. 

     Once I quickly slip into my bathing suit, I take a quick look in my mirror. I approved at how I looked, and walked out of the bathroom, seeing Julia in her bathing suit as well. Once we complimented each other, we put on clothes over our bathing suits. 

     A few moments later, there was a knock on the door, then my father stepped in the room. 

     "Hey girls, do you guys want to ge-" He started, but stopped when he saw we were getting ready to leave. He looked at us in confusion. "Are you guys going somewhere?"

    "Uh, yeah." I stumbled. "Julia and I were planning on going to the beach for the day. Is that okay?" My father just smiled, nodding. 

    "Maybe when you come back, and if you guys aren't too exhausted, we could do something?" He asked. I smiled. nodding. "Be careful." He said, leaving my room. 

~~~

    We arrived at the beach about thirty minutes later. I was so happy to be back here, back at my happy spot. Forgetting about everyone and everything. The sound of the waves crashing, the smell of fried food, the sound of happiness. 

    This place is and always will be the one place I will always go when im feeling sad, lonely, or depressed. It calms me down, let's me have my thoughts to myself. 

    Julia and I grabbed all our stuff we packed. She grabbed the bags and towels while I grabbed the umbrella and cooler. We walked down the beach, claiming a spot somewhere in the middle, luckily for us it wasn't crowded. 

    There was a volleyball net a few feet away from us, but I didn't mind it. I put the umbrella down in the sand, Julia laying the blankets out underneath the umbrella. Julia and I took off our clothes, exposing our swim suits. We then quickly rubbed sunscreen on our bodies so we won't burn. 

    I lied down, letting the sun, take over my body. I smiled, looking up at the sky, even though my eyes were close. I could feel the sun spreading through out my body like a wild fire. I heard the very distant sounds of the eaves, and children screaming, having a good time. 

    A few minutes later, my silence was interrupted when a volleyball had rolled our way and hit me gently. I got up from my position, sitting up, grabbing the ball and examining it. I turned to Julia who was already looking at me. 

    "It's a nice ball." I say, shrugging. Julia just laughs. 

    "Thanks." Says an unfamiliar voice. Whoever it was had an accent, a cute one at that, like they were from England or something. 

    I turn around to find a dark haired boy, whos hair is all crazy due to the wind. He had tattoo;s covering his stomach, chest, and his arm, he had a few on his other but not as much as the other. He was wearing bright yellow pants, and black sunglasses. I had to admit, he was pretty attractive. 

    "I'm assuming this is your ball?" I question, already knowing the answer. He nods his head, and I give him the ball. I take a good look at him, then it hits me who he is. "Wait, aren't you Harry Styles? From One Direction?"

    He quickly sprints to me, putting his hand up to my mouth, telling me to be quiet. I look at him weirdly, swatting his hand away.

   "Sh." He stated. "I'll sign anything you want, just don't say that any louder. Me and the boys haven't been caught yet, and we'd really like it if that never happens."

    "I don't want your autograph." I say, smiling at how ridiculous he was acting. "I'm not going to say anything. You're just like any normal human being trying to have a good time, I don't think of you any differently than me."

    "Really?" Harry questioned surprised at what I said. "Most people just want to talk to me because i'm famous. They don't even want to get to know me for me."

    "Well." I began, looking at his beautiful green eyes. "That's what media does. They will turn anything into a story, just so they can make money, and so your fans will believe it as well."

     He just looked at me in astonishment, not believing what I just said. He's probably never heard anyone say something like that to him, he's probably only ever heard the same old stuff. His astonishment look curled into a smile. 

    "Harry!" A blonde boy, with an Irish accent yelled. "Come on!"

     "Coming!" Harry shouted back. He turned his attention back to me, I just sat there, looking at him, waiting for him to say or do something. "It was nice meeting you.." He trailed off, waiting for me to tell him my name. I let out a small laugh. 

    "Paislee." I state. He smiles. 

    "Paislee." He repeats. 

     "Good boy." I joke. "It was nice meeting you too."

     "Hopefully I'll see you around?" He questions, obviously wanting a for sure answer. I just lay back down, closing my eyes and letting the sun consume my body once more. 

    "Maybe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Wow so i really enjoyed this chapter! 

I wrote this while watching the last few episode of season 3 of the flash and WARNING-SPOILERS- Wow!! Why H.R?! I mean I'm glad Iris is alive but damn i loved H.R Ughhh

Anyway, Thanks for reading I hope y'all enjoyed! Don't forget to vote and comment!! 

~Kayla