54

When Louis and I had arrived home, we were greeted by all the boys. They had finally woken up, and was eating some breakfast. Louis went to join them, even though we just ate. I said a quick hello, then ran upstairs to get ready. 

      I quickly undressed, and jumped in the shower. Once I got out, I put on some black basketball shorts and a black T-shirt. I blow dried my hair, shaking it, then flipping it to the side like I usually do. I sprayed some of my cologne, then brushed my teeth, and then I was done.

     I quickly made my way down the stairs, and saw the boys had now made their way into the living room and they were playing video games. This is usually what we would do on our days off. 

    Every day that we would get off, we'd spend it together on that big couch, and play all kinds of video games together. Liam was the most competitive, then Niall, then Zayn. Louis and I never really got that way, we only played for the fun of it. 

    As I made my way to the door, I grabbed my shoes, and slid them on, then grabbed the car keys. 

    "Where are you going lad?" Niall questioned. I thought he would know, considering Julia is always at Paislee's house. I stopped, turning my attention to the boys who were looking at me. 

    "Paislee's, she's not feeling too well." I stated. "I'm just going over there for a bit while her mother is at work. When I come back I'm all yours, and we'll play video games all day and night."

     "I call dibs playing against him first!" Liam shouted. I laughed, nodding. 

     "Tell Paislee we said hello and we hope she feels better." Zayn stated. I nodded once again, and walked out the door. 

~~~

     I made it to Paislee's in under ten minutes, considering we don't live that far away. I could have walked to her house, but I was too lazy, and I didn't want to sweat and smell gross. I parked my car in the driveway, and walked up to the door, and let myself in. 

    I walked up the stairs, into Paislee's room. She was lying in her bed, watching Netflix on her laptop. She had a box of tissues next to her, and a trashcan on her dresser. She was coughing a lot, and her nose was redder than before. 

     "Hey." I whispered, sliding into the bed next to her. I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. It was hard not kissing her on the lips, I wanted too so badly, but I didn't want to get sick. 

     "Hey." She whispered back with a smile. Her voice was still super raspy, I'd be surprised if she didn't loose her voice by tomorrow. "You smell good. Did you shower?"

     "Yeah. I thought I should be nice and clean for you." I said, with a small smile. 

     "That's nice, but stupid." She said, intertwining our hands. "You can still get sick."

      "Oh well, it's worth it." I said, causing us both to laugh a bit. "Are you ready for some of my famous chicken noodle soup?" 

     She nodded, closing her laptop. She slowly got out of bed, and we made our way down stairs, walking hand in hand. She showed me where the materials were, and I got them out, ready to make her soup. 

     I put the pot on top of the stove, and poured the chicken noodle soup into the pot, and let it warm up before adding more ingredients. I felt Paislee over me shoulder, trying to see what I was doing. I chuckled a bit, before turning around, leaning on the counter. 

    "What are you doing?" I teased, wrapping my arms around her waist, as she put hers around my neck. Even when she was sick, she still managed to look adorable.

    "Why can't I know how you make your famous soup." She mocked, her eyes squinting a bit. 

     "Chef's never spill their secrets." I stated. She rolled her eyes playfully. 

     "What happens if we get married and you get sick?" She questioned. "I can't make you the famous soup because you won't tell me the secret?"

    "Then you make your own soup, with your own secret." I said, with a smile. She pursed her lips, and dropped the topic. I kissed her cheek, then checked on the soup. 

     I put all the extra ingredients in, and let it cook for a bit longer. Within minutes, the soup was done, and it smelled amazing. I grabbed a bowl, and put some soup in it, and grabbed a small pack of saltines. I brought the meal to Paislee on the couch. 

    I handed her the bowl and she quickly took a bite. Her eyes went wide,  and she looked at me, her eyes wide. 

    "This is amazing!" She exclaimed. "Oh my god. I can't wait for the other times that i'm sick."

    I laughed, and we sat there in silence as she continues to eat. I looked at her, picturing our future together. 

    What happens if we get married...

    Those words she said kept replaying in my head. I pictured a life where we were married. We would live somewhere nice, not a big house, something small but big enough to have walking room for us and our future children. 

    A nice big backyard to have a pool and a small playground for our kids. A pool for Paislee and I, where we can enjoy our time together, and sunbath together. 

    I wanted all of it, with her. I just wanted Paislee. In this moment, thinking about it, I knew what would make our anniversary even better. I excused myself for a moment and pulled out my phone, dialing Louis' number. Hopefully he has his phone on him like I asked him too.

   "Hello?" He answered after the fourth ring. 

    "Hey Louis." I said. "We have to go back to the mall."

   "Why? What did we forget?" He asked, a hint of concern in his voice. 

    "Nothing." I said, taking a deep breath. "I want to get Paislee a promise ring."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

so we went to this neighborhood that flooded badly and every single house lost everything, and we brought this family food, and their house was so damaged and I just wanted to cry. #houstonstrong

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!!! I love you guys!

Don't forget to Vote and comment!!

~Kayla