Aging is Normal but Not For Me

Magnus POV

**This story is when Alec is in his older years about 40-50 and today is the anniversary of Alec being Head of the Institute for about 15 years. **

Tonight there was a party at the institute. With Alec in charge he wanted Downworlders and Shadowhunters there.

One because he's dating a downworlder and two he feels like he couldnt of made it without his friends like Luke, Maia, Simon and everyone else.

Izzy and Clary planned most of the night. Decoration, times, music, everything.

Once 6:30 came along me and Alec headed over to the institute for the party. Everyone started clapping for the Head of the Institute.

The night rolled on normal. People Laughing, Talking, Asking me and Alec questions on being High Warlock and Head of the Institute.

People ate snacks and danced. People got along.

Once dinner came around many people went up to talk of the Institute and talk about Alec and how he's a great leader.

After Dinner people started dancing on the dance floor again.

3rd Person POV

Then the song "A Thousand Years" by Christiana Perry comes on and Alec pulls me to the floor to dance to the slow song.

While we were swaying to the music like a bunch of other couples the lyrics "I have died everyday waiting for you" drift into the air. Alec is tearing up a little bit because of this perfect moment. Because of this night.

Once the line "I have loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more" play it hits Magnus hard.

He politely excuses himself saying he has to use the bathroom so Alec just nods and goes to sit with his siblings.

Running to the bathroom he slowly looks in the mirror and thinks out loud.

"A thousand years. And thousands more. But thousands of them will be without Alec when he's gone."

With that he breaks down completely. Why? Because tonight is the night he noticed the first grey hair on Alec.