Soul Mates? AU 2

-2 Years Later-

I look out the window, putting down my book. I take a quick glance at my wrist.

If I'm your soulmate then why haven't I met you yet?

I think to my self. I'm disturbed by a knock on the door. I look over while Jace and Izzy walk in.

"Hey." I say, sitting up straighter on the bench. "What's up?"

"Want to go to a party?" Isabelle says.

"Oh. I don't know." I tell them both.

I see Jace give Isabelle a quick glance. They do this a lot while in here and keep begging and begging me.

"Is there something I dont know? Why do you insist I go to some dumb party? I know I'm 18 and out of high school but it's still not my thing." I tell them with stern in my voice.

Jace looks at Izzy and she nods. Again with the staring...

"Alec. The party is being thrown by...." He stops. Making such a long pause.

"Thrown by?"

"Magnus Bane." Jace blurts out. My heart stops and I sit straighter turning to them both.

"Magnus? As in the person I need to date Magnus?"

They both nod and sit back. I breath in some air and then exhale.

"Well I've been wondering where he's been. It has been 2 years I mean. I guess it's time to go met this Magnus Bane." I say with a smile. We stand up and head out the door.

Once we get to the party it's already about 8:30 at night.

"You ready buddy?" Jace asks putting his hand on my shoulder.

"As ready as I can be." I reply back to him. We walk inside and I am hit with a scent of alcohol and sweat.

Izzy immediately goes off with Simon, dancing with him. While Jace and Clary go and find some drinks and a couch, save the dancing for later.

I keep walking, not paying attention. While looking at the left side of the room someone bumps into me, knocking me down.

"Oh god. Sorry I didn't see you." I look up and see a man giving me his hand. I take it quickly and he helps me to my feet.

Once I get a good look of him I see he's a bit shorter, spiked hair, make up, glitter and really fancy clothes.

"Wow. I didn't know how I missed you. Not because you're tall but I like what I see."

"Um, uh. Thanks?"

"So what's your name handsome?" He asks giving me a wink.

"Oh um Alexander. Lightwood. I go by Alec though."

He immediately freezes and his eyes go wide. He catches me staring and changes his facial expression.

"Oh um. Alec. I like it. My name is Magnus. Magnus Bane."

I am then the one with wide eyes. I look at his wrist and see writing and point to it.

"That doesn't happen to have..... I dont know.... My name?" I say awkwardly.

He nod his head and points my wrist, with a smile. "And that doesnt happen to have.... I dont know... My name?" He asks mocking me.

I nod my head and give him a smile.

I think I just found my soulmate....