4. Learning About Each Other

I wake up to the smell of eggs and toast. Looking around I see it's probably almost noon.

I stand up and walk out the bedroom seeing a bag on the table next to my door. Looking inside I  see multiple stacks of clothes and bathroom supplies.

After getting dressed and brushing my teeth I make my way down stairs toward the kitchen. I see Magnus cooking with soft music playing in the background.

"Good morning Alec." Magnus says. I turn my attention back on him and give him a small nod back.

I walk over to the kitchen table and look outside the window that has a view of the city.

"Did you sleep okay?" Magnus asks while putting a plate in front of me. I nod my head and look at the food. Not feeling hungry I push the plate back slightly and look back outside.

"Is everything okay?" Magnus asks. I look over to him and I can tell his actually worried.

"I guess." I reply.

"Um if you don't mind telling me, why exactly were you in the park?" Mangus ask with a soft voice. He starts playing with his rings and I smile at him to know it's okay.

"I actually um snuck out of the hospital." I tell him looking back outisde, "my boyfriend, um, wasn't the nicest person. In the hospital he told me that he was going to take my child and never come back.

I didn't want that of course so I snuck out of the hospital." I say looking back over at Mangus.

"I couldn't go home because he was going to be there. And I couldn't go to my family because of ....... Other reasons. Thats why I went to the park. I didn't know what else to do." I finish saying. Mangus gives me a small smile and looks outside.

"I'm sorry you went through that. I know how it is though. There was some conflict with my parents too and I've had a fair share of dating or meeting rude people." Mangus says. He looks back at me and claps his hands.

"Anyway. I work tomorrow so you'll be here with Nick he's the chief, Payton she's the maid and Will he's the butler. There nice people so hopefully you will get along with them."

"Why do you have people working for you? Like maids and butlers?" I ask as Mangus was standing up. He looks over at me and shrugs his shoulders.

"Trust me I have tried offering them better jobs. But they want to be here so I let them. I barley let them do things for me when I'm here by myself." He replies. He puts the dishes in the dishwasher and looks around.

"You want to watch a movie or something?" Mangus ask randomly fidgeting with his rings.

"Okay." I say standing up and following Magnus.