3. When Miracles Don't Succeed

Sitting in the Institute is basically a everyday thing. You wake up, if you even go to sleep at all, get dressed, and go to the infirmary.

To me minutes feel like hours and hours feel like days. It's been two weeks now and there's no process. Everyone has said to give up on hope and move on.

Move on? How could anyone ever move on from something like this or move on from the love of your life.

Holding Mangus' hand it's cold. Not what it would feel like if they weren't here anymore but he was just cold.

Rubbing my thumb over Mangus' hand I feel tears in my eyes. Slowly I move my head and rest it on the table.

"Mangus." I whisper softly, "I don't know if you can hear me. I don't know if you'll ever wake up but if you can hear me don't think I'm giving up on you.

Don't think I'll stop loving you because I will continue loving you until the day I die. I just want you to know that if you don't want to or can't wake up then it's okay.

Just try to if you know your able to." I say wiping the tears away. Heading the doors open I hear multiple steps coming my way.

Turning around I see Jace, Izzy and Clary. Smiling softly at them I turn back toward Mangus and lay my head down.

I feel a little movement in Mangus and I jolt up. His fingers slowly twitch and his eyes even start twitching.

"Magnus?" I say holding his hand. I feel him twitching more and more and soon it turns into slow tossing. His breathing gets heavier and heavier as we all watch.

"Magnus? If you can hear me please wake up. You can do it I trust you." I whisper to Mangus. I feel all the movement stop and I look at Mangus as his eyes slowly open.

"Oh my god!" Clary says with a giant smile, "you're awake."

"Wait? What do you mean?"

"You dont remember? Mangus you've been in a coma for two weeks." Jace says. He looks around and his eyes go wide.

"Do you remember anything like who you are? Do you remember us?"

"I am Mangus Bane, High Warlock. I'm in the insitute as it seems. You're Clary and you're Izzy." he says pointing to the two girls in the room. He then points to Jace and says his name.

Soon he looks at me, "And you're Alec."

"Um yeah. Why did you call me Alec though?"

"Because we don't like each other. You told me that very clearly. It took time to get over you but I did it. Its okay because I'm now with Camille again."

"What!?" I say standing up, "Mangus none of that has happened."

"Of course it has Alec. You dont like me, I dont like you. You're married to Lydia and you've hidden the fact your gay. It's okay though I've gotten over you." Mangus says making my heart break. I look down at the floor and feel tears in my eyes.

"Excuse me." I say walking out of the infirmary.