2. The Lie

Walking into the apartment I slowly shut the front door and quietly take my shoes off. Trying to make it sneak into the house, like some teenager, I turn into the living room to see Alexander sitting in a chair.

"Where have you been?"

"With some friends." I quickly answer. I mentally slap myself knowing I just lied to Alexander.

"Really? Like who?"

"Cat and Luke." I say quietly.

Alexander shakes his head and stands up walking to the kitchen. I start to follow him and see he's pouring himself a drink.

"Alexander?"

"I know you weren't with friends last night Magnus. I called everyone at the insitute because I was worried and I even called Cat.

I then got a call from Izzy saying she asked everyone and no one had seen you.So please stop lying to me and just tell me where you were." Alexander says before he took a drink.

"I -- I was with um, Camille..." I say quietly as I look at the floor.

"What?"

"I didn't mean to Alec!" I say looking up at Alexander, "I honestly don't even remember drinking at all last night at the club. I would never do anything to purposely hurt you." I say as tears from in my eyes.

"Magnus what did you do with Camille?" Alexander says in a quiet voice.

"We um, we well...."

"Just spit it out Magnus!"

"We slept together....." I say in a whisper as I look down at the floor again as the tears make their way down my cheek, "I'm sorry."