2. Appointments

"Alec as you know by now that the knife did nip a part of the front major artery but didn't cut which we are all very happy about. But we want to ask you if you've had random speaking issues before the mission?" The doctor ask making me play with my finger a little bit.

'Yes.' I finally tell her, 'It would be hard for me to talk. I would sometimes find myself having issues breathing too.'

"Mr.Lightwood we have discovered that you might actually have laryngospasm. It is a brief spasm of the vocal cords that temporarily makes it difficult to speak or breathe. After getting cut by that knife we think it effected the vocals badly."

'So will I ever be able to speak again?'

'The only thing we can do is wait. Laryngospasm isn't a permanent thing. Only temporary. Hopefully your throat can heal and you could speak again.'

'It's been two years though. Magnus hasnt even heard me talk before'

'It might have been cleared Mr.Lightwood, the Laryngospasm. But the throat might have not healed properly yet. That or since you have not used your voice in over two years you may have forgotten how to speak. We could do therapy or you could wait it out."

'I'll have to think about it.'

"That's okay. Take as long as you need. Have a good day Mr.Lightwood. and you too Mr.Bane." The doctor says. I watch as she leaves the room and all I do is put my head in my hands.

I feel Mangus lay his hand on my shoulder and feel the bed shift. Looking over I see him give me a small smile.

"At least your throat isn't permanently damaged. You might not be used to speaking that's all. Or it might have no healed all the way."

'I guess your right. I just want to go home.' I tell Magnus. He nods his head and we both walk out of the building heading home.