3. You Came Back?

Opening the large wooden doors I step out side to see a short man with black spiked up hair. My breathing starts to get heavy but I quickly calm down before I clear my voice. He turns around and are eyes lock.

"Alexander...." He says. I continue starring at him and cross my arms across my chest.

"What do you want?" I say harshly to Magnus. He flinces but continues talking.

"I - I heard the institute was re-built. I was asked to come back to New York and I had to see with my own eyes if it was true."

"Well you've seen it. Now leave."

"Alexander please, I can explain why I never came back."

"No! You think I'd let you into the insitute after what you did? Let you back into my life? I have people I need to protect in there."

"Alexander all I did was not come back."

"I knew you weren't coming back but why would you burn the institute down? Why would you do that?"

"What?" Magnus says as his eyes go wide and his mouth hung low, "you think I caused the fire?"

"Of course I do!"

"Alexander I did no such thing. I came to the institute because Camille told me she was going to burn it down with you inside. I came as quick as possible to see if I wasn't to late but when I saw the institute in flames....

I thought I lost you, Clary, Izzy and even Jace. I went back to India because I had no where else to go. I never came back because I thought you were dead.....this entire time." Magnus says. I look at him in disbelief and before I can say anything I hear the doors open and turn around to see my son.

"Dad? Why is a Warlock here?"