4. We Need to Talk

Max walks slowly to me and I look at Mangus who is just starring at Max with wide eyes. Max stops behind my legs and I look at him with a smile.

"Max this is Mangus Bane. Magnus this is Max, my son."

"You're a Warlock?"

"Yes I am."

"I've never personally met a Warlock. I've been in the same building with a Warlock her name was Cat."

"Really? I know her. She's one of my friends." Magnus says smiling. I look down at Max and pat his shoulder. He looks up at me with a questioning look.

"Why dont you go inside? Hang out with Kaycee and Tyler. Maddie will be here later."

"Maia's daughter?"

"Yes. Me and Magnus need to have a adult talk." I tell Max. He nods his head and soon heads inside. I look over at Magnus and he does the same.

"So you have a son?"

"Yes I do. He's almost seven."

"Do I have to meet your husband too?"

"I don't have a husband nor am I dating. Matt died on a mission about three years ago. Max is very emotional about it."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

"Alexander listen, I dont know how or who told you that I caused that fire but I would never do such a thing.

I went to India and found out I didnt even have to go. Camille was there waiting for me and told me that it was a part of her plan so I couldn't be there to save you.

When she told me what happened and I say the insitute in flames, I couldn't do anything but stare. I soon went into the portal and kicked Camille to the Clave. I cried my eyes out for days, weeks even."

"A vampire told me. I didn't believe it but when I saw you out side and then just left, I couldn't do anything but believe."

"Did anyone make it?"

"Jace, Clary, Isabelle, Simon, Maia and Luke. My parents died. Other shadowhunters didn't make it. Everyone else we know like Rapheal were at home."

"How are your siblings?"

"Jace and Clary are married. They have a son named Tyler. Isabelle and Simon are married and have a daughter named Kaycee and Maia is married to a new member of the pack named Ty, They have a daughter named Maddie."

"I'm sorry I left."

"Don't apologize."

"Am I banned from the institute?"

"Technically yes, but if you tell them the truth then maybe you'll be let in." I tell Magnus with a smile. He smiles back and we both make our way inside.