Aging is Normal but Not For Me pt.2

3rd Person POV

Magnus slowly stood back up and whipped the running makeup off his face. Redoing it.

His eyes still slightly  red and puffy but walked out of the bathroom anyways.

He slowly made his way to his table where Alec and everyone else was sitting. They all looked at Magnus and noticed something was wrong.

Alec defiantly saw it.

"Magnus? Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. Of course I am."

"Mags."

"Its fine. Really. I'm okay."

He sat down and the night went on. Everyone talked and then a second round of people went up. This time it wasn't about him being a great leader or an excellent shadowhunter.

It was stories from everyone about their great times with Alec. Pranks, Dates, Shopping. Just a bunch of funny stories.

Then Alec went to the stage.

"I want to say something. Thank you all for being here and for all the great complements and funny stories. Tongiht couldn't of been better. But I want to point something out.

       I have talked about this to everyone. My parents, my siblings and even the Clave. And they all accept as long as I always stay Head of the Institute and still help out and train.

     This is kind of a surprise to my Husband though and to everyone else out there who is didn't name.

     Earlier tonight I noticed my Husband going to the bathroom and he came out with tears on his face."

By now everyone was staring at me. What was Alec doing?

"I know he hates this idea but I want to do it. I love being a shadowhunter and I love being a great leader for all and training kids. So it's official.

     I have decided to become immortal. I'm continuing to stay the Head of the Institute, protect this city, everyone in it Shadowhunter, Mundane and even Downworlder and help train kids.

   But most of all I will be with someone I love dearly. This is a gift to him because I know how hard aging has been on us. But its also for you all.

    All I have to say now is Thank you for tonight and I hope you all accept this because I'm still doing it."

That earned a lot of laughs. He walked of state and walked to me.

"You okay?"

I quickly got up and hugged him.

"Of course I am. I'll have you forever now. But you sure you want too?"

"Of course I do. I love you and I love this job. And I'll have it all forver now."