3. Standing Up

*Alec's Point Of View*

Sitting at my desk in front of Mr.Banes Office Tessa Grey and Simon Lewis both run up to me.

"Did you hear what happened?" Simon says with a smile. I give him a weird look and shake my head.

"No, what are you talking about? What happened?"

"Mr.Bane apparently stood up to you at one of his meetings today with the biggest company owner Mr. Morgenstern."

"Stood up for me? Why?"

"Well I guess he was talking crap about our company and started saying things about you. Not sure what but he stood up for you." Tessa says. I lean back in my chair and nod slowly.

"That's interesting." I say out loud playing with the pen in my hand.

"What's interesting?" I hear the familiar voice of Mangus. I look around Simon and Tessa to see Mangus and I shake my head.

"Nothing sir. Can we talk in your office?" I ask Mangus. He nods his head and both Tessa and Simon leave to go to their desks.

I follow Magnus into his office and he shuts the door once I enter.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I wanted to thank you. Tessa and Simon said you stood up for me."

"Yes well he was saying things like how you weren't a good worker and other things. Also was saying things about my company. I didn't like it very much."

"Thank you, anyways."

"No problem Alexander and we aren't very busy today and as I can see you finished all paper work so you can go home early if you want."

"I'd rather stay here."

"Why? Do you have anyone at home waiting for you?"

"Me? Oh no. I live alone. All I'll do probably is watch tv. At least here I have something to do. Thanks for the offer though." I say walking out of his office leaving the door open.

The truth is I just want to be here to stay close to Mangus.