2. Meeting

Leaving the party at Ragnor's house I wrap my arms around me trying to keep warm. I look up and down the street seeing that it's still filled with cars and that my car had to be parked by the park.

Not caring much since its only a five minute walk from where I am I make my way to the park.

Once I arrived I walk on the side walk and see someone sitting on the bench with a jacket wrapped around them. I hear small whimpers and I'm instantly curious.

Making my way I see it's a man. I get closer and stop by the end of the bench.

"Excuse me?" I say quietly. The man looks up at me and nods looking away again.

"Why are you out here when it's freezing. Better yet why are you out here at almost midnight?"

"I could ask you the same thing." The man says.

I sit next to him and he slowly scoots away.

"Do you have anywhere to go? You're using a bench as a bed and a jacket as a blanket."

"No. I don't." The man says looking at me.

"You could always come to my place. I've got two extra rooms and enough space for you."

"You don't have to do that for me. I don't even know you."

"I'm Mangus Bane. Now you know me. And your name?"

"Alec." The man says shyly.

"Well Alec come on, I'd sleep better knowing you are at my place rather than out here." I tell him. He looks at me and sighs.

"I suppose. Thank you." Alec says. I nod my head and stand up. He does the same and leaves the jacket. I notice his stomach and I look at him in shock.

"Alec not to be rude but, are you pregnant?" I ask. He looks at me with sad eyes and nods his head.

"I'm sorry if it'll be a burden."

"No, not all. Come on. We should get going."