4. What's Going to Happen

I hear a soft knock on my bedroom door. Saying a weak 'come in' I see Isabelle walk in with a small tub of ice cream.

"Did you get the ring?" I ask quietly.

"I did. Sorry I took longer than I told you. Were you okay?"

"Explain to me what okay is Izzy. Right now I should be laughing and doing something memorable with Magnus but instead, I'm laying in my bed crying. After three years and this is what I get." I say with tears filling my eyes again.

Izzy walks over to me and sits down. Putting the ring on my bedside table and the ice cream.

"I don't even feel like I need to cry over him..." I say quietly.

"Alec it's okay to cry. It's okay to tell me how you feel." Izzy says. I look over at her and she gives me a smile.

"What am I going to do? When you and Jace won't be here anymore. When mom and dad won't be here anymore. When Clary goes too. I'll be all alone. Not living with the person I want to be with." I say with tears rolling down my face, "I'm forever like this and forever living in this world with absoulty no one."

"You'll find someone else Alec. Things just aren't meant to be."

"I don't want anyone else!" I say with tears streaming down my face and dropping on my shirt, "three long damn years and I know who I'm supposed to be with and it ain't no shadowhunter. It's no werewolf, seelie, mundane, it's a Warlock. The High Warlock. Magnus Bane. He's all I want Iz." I say sniffling, "and he slipped through my fingers. I let him go. I lost him and I'll never find him again." I finally finish saying. I wipe my tears on my sleve and Izzy pulls me into a hug.

"You'll be okay big brother. One day somehting will happen that will put you back on those tracks. You here me?"

"I do." I say looking at Izzy.

"I love you Alec."

"I love you too Iz."