2. Discovery

Sitting in Mangus arms I can tell he's acting different. He has been for about two days now and it's starting to worry me.

Rolling my eyes I sit up straighter and sit on the edge of the couch. Looking at Magnus. He understands that my new behavior means we need to talk so he sits straighter too, pausing our movie.

I grab his hands and rub my thumb over his hand. I look back at Mangus and get lost in his eyes.

"Alexander?" Mangus asks quietly. I get out of my daze and look at him seriously.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yes I know."

"And if your upset or worried or angry you can tell me, I won't judge you."

"I understand that." Mangus tells me, "is there a reason your telling me this?"

"You've just been acting different and I'm worried. I don't want you to feel like you can't tell me anything."

Mangus' face immediately falls and he looks down at the couch making a very silent "oh." noise.

"Mangus?"

He looks up at me and sighs. He looks at me worried and I can see tears in his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"I - I have to leave." Mangus says quietly. I see some tears fall down his face and I quickly wipe them.

"What do you mean?"

"There's something happening in India. They need my help and because of that I have to move. I can't stay in America."

"Wait. Can't you just get a hotel or something there? Come back when everything is okay?"

"I wish I could but they dont have enough warlocks there. I'd be the most powerful one there and they need my help. Maybe one day I'll come back but we don't know if it'll be in two years, three years, a decade or centuire." Magnus says with tears espcaping his eyes. I look at him speechless and slowly let go of his hands.

"What about us?"

"You could always come with?"

"But the insitute needs me. I'm the head of the insitute and I don't trust it under anyone else's hands."

"Then what do we do?"