Fight 3

-2 Days Later-

I quickly head back to the institute knowing it's about time I go back. Once I open the doors my siblings run to me and hug me like I've vanished for five years.

"Where the hell have you been?" Izzy demanded after hugging me.

"In some old building. Trying to clear my head." I answer back, waving at Jace and putting my weapons down.

Jace walks over to me and puts his hand on my shoulder. I turn around facing him giving him a confused look.

"What?"

"It's about Magnus."

"Oh, so he was here?" I say, turning back around not really caring that Magnus has been in the institute.

"Alec listen----."

"No! He said something that hurt a lot and it's hard to forgive him. He's Propbably at home doing nothing."

"Or he could be in another state. Or country." Jace says. I turn around facing my siblings quickly.

"Magnus never leaves Brooklyn unless he has a client and I know that he took a vacation for a month, so why the hell wouldn't he be home?" I ask sternly.

"I think that's something you need to ask him." Izzy says, gesturing to my cell phone. I awkardly stare at it, wondering what I'm supposed to say, but nod my head anyways.

Once I get into the library there's a faint smell of smoke and a book in the trash. I shrug it off and look at Magnus' contact list. After a couple minutes a finally push it.

After a couple rings I finally hear movement on the other side but that's it.

"Magnus?"

"Magnus, come on it's me. Alec." I say sighing in the phone. "Okay. Well I guess you won't answer me but Jace said you might be out of town. In a different state of country and I want to know why?"

"Why?"

I freeze quickly after hearing Magnus voice but finally talking again.

"Why what?"

"Why do you want to know. Well it wouldn't matter anyway, because I'm still in Brooklyn just not at home and I'm never coming home again."

"Why Magnus, what happened?"

"I just --- I --- I can't talk to you okay."

"No! Wait. At least meet me somewhere. Please."

I hear a soft okay on line and a address. I quickly hang up the phone, heading to the address given to me.

*Time Skip*

Once I reach a odd building I bang on the front door, seeing someone else open the door.

"Magnus Bane, please."

She nods her head and let's me in. When I step inside I see Magnus. When I start walking closer to me he puts his hands up, making me stop.

"You can't come near me. I do want to apologize what I said, even if you don't fully do accept it. I never think you were annoying, shy, scared or stupid.

You are brave, especially coming out to the clave. You are strong if your the head of the institute. I don't know why I said what I said but I never meant it.

I love you so much Alexander but we can't be together. You'll only be in danger."

I look at Magnus and furrow my eyebrows. I see Magnus look at the ground and mess with his rings, something he does when he's nervous or scared.

"Magnus, why would I be in danger."

"My magic." He replies quickly. "I've lost all control of it and I don't know why. It'll take a long time to learn again and if I'm by you, you could be in danger."

I ignore Magnus and walk up to him holding his hands. I feel electric sparks but I ignore it.

"Magnus, I forgive you. And you aren't a threat toward me. I love you and I'll be there for you." I say, feeling the sparks go away. I smile at him and he looks up at me.

"See, maybe you're magic will be just fine as long as I'm here." I say with a smile.

"I guess your right." Magnus says back, leaning up into a kiss.

"You aren't a stupid shadowhunter."

"And you're not a threat."