It's Okay

I sit on the couch waiting for Alec to finally get home. He's been hanging out with a new guy at the institute a lot lately and he's always out late saying 'Its a guys night' which is Alec, Jace, Simon and the new guy.

Once I hear the door open I stand up but I'm immediately face to face with a man my height, brown hair and blueish green eyes. He smiles at me but it quickly turns into a scared look by the way I'm staring at him.

"Magnus this is Dan the guy I was talking to you about."

"Who?" I ask not remebering hearing Dan in any conversation.

"The new guy."

I nod my head understanding now and look at Dan looking him up and down disapproving.

"So you're new?"

"Well I'll only be here for a couple weeks. Maybe a couple months until I can go back to my institute." Dan says and Alec looks at me with a smile.

"Well." I say clapping my hands startling Dan, "I was just about to cook dinner so I should go."

"Oh that's great. Dan want to join?" Alec asks I quickly turn around and look at Alec.

"Um Alec I was thinking we could ----."

"Magnus come on you can cook a meal for three." Alec suggests. I look at Dan and nod my head going to the kitchen.

After dinner is almost done I go to the living room to check everything and see Alec in a chair while Dan is touching everything and holding my expensive decorations. I quickly walk toward him and take it.

"Biggest pet peeve. Do not touch my things, there for never touch a Warlocks things. I could literally throw you through a wall if I have too." I say roughly and turn around putting the vase back and walking back to the kitchen.

Alec walks in the kitchen and looks at me with a disapproved look.

"What? You brought some random stranger into my home. You don't think I'd be a little upset?"

"You could be nice to him."

"I don't want to. All I hear about is Dan now and that you and the guys are having guy night. Yet I'm never allowed to go and all I know is you've been hanging out with some other man basically all day and I don't like it." I say snapping at Alec.

"Are you jealous?"

"Yes!" I scream and cover my mouth right after, "I mean, no?" I say with a sigh and look down. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up seeing Alec.

"Magnus it's okay to be jealous but I love you and as the head of the institute it's my job to follow Dan around and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid here in New York.

That's why I've been gone most of the time. And the guy nights are so Simon and Jace can get used to Dan and get to know him."

"I'm sorry." I say hugging Alec.

"Don't be. I love you and only you." Alec says rubbing my back and putting his shoulder on my head.

"I love you too."