Part 8

"Fighting against a werecheetah would be a slaughter. How could I accept that?" Emremil asks.

"I can use only one hand if it makes you feel better," Nazih says, twisting Emre's meaning in the exact opposite direction.

"No need, it's your funeral," Emre replies, throwing a glare at the werecat.

"Since that is settled, can I continue?" Jena asks, annoyance oozing out of her voice.

...

"Thank you! This is my best friend Hannah and our main Field Healer and Joel, her soulmate and my other childhood friend. Somehow I think I always knew those two would end up together.

Next, we have Sima and Lands, who along with Alastair were the first three wolves to join my pack. Both Sima and Lands are currently Gammas.

This here is Gamma Hani and his soulmate Elder Gudrun, our werecat female representative," Jena says pointing at the next couple and they both bow their heads gracefully.

"Last but not least, Elder Amisha, Diplomat, representative of the female wolves and Teacher.

From the Multi-Unity pack, you could say this is my inner circle.

Switching to the new comers, though I have mention Vi already, we have a team of extraordinary wolves, most of them at least, that have been able to hit the warhogs successfully many times, hurting their supply lines and unknowingly providing all of us here in the East more time to recover after our gruesome losses in the last great battle.

"May I say something?"

"Of course Lands, what is it?"

"More of a question really, since I will assume you didn't just joke around with your previous affirmation.

Here is what I know for a fact:

A supply team consists of 10 warhogs.

You would need at least 30 well-trained wolves, maybe fewer if you have ranked wolves.

Assuming an ideal situation with yourself as an Alpha, and Sima and Alastair, that can each handle one warhog, we still have 5 warhogs left which still means 15 more well-trained wolves or 8-10 combat oriented Deltas and Gammas to safely tackle a supply team.

I'm looking at our guests, and no offense, but I only see 7 wolves and one coyote. None of them smell like a ranked wolf.

Am I missing something?"

"That was a very good summary of what we know of the warhogs, and our experience in defeating them," Jena says.

"Perhaps I should take this one?" Umani asks.

"You are just an advisor, I am better suited to..." Emremil begins.

"Sit down, pup. You've wasted you goodwill portion for the day," Umani lashes at him verbally, and with one look at Al'Aeen, Emre finds himself sitting down forcefully, unable to oppose the heavy hand on his shoulder pulling him back to his seat.

"In simple words, this team has been doing nothing but fighting warhogs for quite some time now, their origin being the Shifting Sands Pack, also known as the Wandering Warriors of the West."

"WWW? Like the internet?"

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing, go on, please," Al'Aeen says sheepishly.