Part 60

*A.N.: So part 59 was for Wednesday, this 60 is for Thursday and 61 that I'm publishing as well is for Friday. Also:

I don't usually do this, by I really like the artist above so I picked a list with her name on it, and while writing this, the song above came on. I find it fits very well, and maybe you could let it loop in the background while you read. Anyways, enjoy!

"Mmm, I've really missed this. I really hate sleeping by myself."

A pleased, rumbling sigh follows the thought.

By Calla, he's waking up!

"God, she smells so good! Such silky, smooth skin... I wonder how it tastes," he continues to let his mind wander.

I don't think he knows he's broadcasting that into our mind link.

But he likes my scent! He really likes it!

And my skin is silky! The grin that lights up her face goes all the way up to her ears.

Ooh wow! You're killing me! She thinks as he's started nibbling on the skin his lips were previously pressing into, the tongue fluttering around the area.

"Man, this is the best thing I've ever tasted. I could just eat her!"

Yes! Do that! Please!

I mean NO! Stop! Wake up!

Wake up already because I won't be able to stop you, and you're going to realize what happened and then you're going to regret it and I don't think I can take you regretting that!

"Al'Aeen, wake up!"

"Hmm?"

"This is Jena. Wake up, Al'Aeen!"

"Jena? What? What's happening?"

"Good. What's the last thing you remember?"

"I was running then I was lost since the convoy wasn't there. I came looking for it but found you and..."

"Go on!"

"I had to shift to my war-form to be able to face all those warhogs that had you pinned down, and then we fought together and killed them all and..."

"And?"

"I probably fainted, if it happened like last time."

"So in your 'war-form', you managed to fight the warhogs and the wolf when you went after E?"

"Yes. But I don't think this body was meant for it and adding the injuries, it took a lot to recover."

"How do you feel now?"

"Pretty good actually. I feel rather warm, and my skin feels like it sizzling pleasantly."

Because we are mates, you damn idiot!

"And I think I was having a very nice dream, holding someone in my arms and..."

"Would you mind opening your eyes? Can you do that?"

"I'll try? Has it been a week like last time? Oh God, they'll attack our convoy! We need to..."

"Calm down. It's alright. It's only been one day."

"Really?"

"Yes. So like I said, can you open your eyes?"

"Umm..."

"Yes?"

"I can see. And now I know why I was feeling warm."

"Go on."

"And I'm guessing we aren't back at the convoy yet?"

"Not yet. We are moving too slow with me dragging you along on a stretcher."

"Sorry! But that means..."

"Mhm?"

"I'm holding you?"

"Indeed."

"That's... umm... we also appear to be naked?! Did we..."

"We did not."

By Calla, how I wish we did!

"And we are only partially naked. We both have our lower halves covered but there was nothing large enough to dress up your torso, so I just used a blanket."

"And... umm..."

"And I took turns with my wolf in keeping guard over you. You must have been cold and she decided direct skin contact would be the best way to address that, of course."

"Y-yes, of course. I remember reading that somewhere."

"And for us were, the presence of our mate speeds up injury recovery. But you were mostly, unharmed except for one gouge in your thigh. I'd say mostly exhausted. The combination most likely led to a faster regaining of energy on your part."

"I see. You're probably right. So... what now?"

"Well, if you think you can move, you should probably release me. I've tried, but you are pretty strong and you didn't seem willing to let go. Since you still haven't moved, should I assume you can't?"

"I am so sorry! I don't know what happened. I'm just. I like to hug the person I umm... sleep next to, so I'm sorry if I..."