Part 94

The Master at Arms gives him a grateful nod but says nothing, while everyone else burst into laughing.

"I have no such needs! For coyotes, Calla provides everything!" Umani answers proudly.

"I don't even want to know what you meant by that," Emre joins in the fun and the laughter doubles up.

Realizing the implications, Umani's ears start turning read, before he burst into laughing himself, his wisdom overtaking his embarrassment.

"I meant that I will get my mate when the time comes, but I admit that one was funny Emre! Now if only you had a mate, you'd have so much more legitimacy to joke about my lack of one."

"Touché old man, touché!"

"What's touché?" Nazih asks.

"It means something like you hit the mark right in the center or so Al'Aeen says. Something they say where he's from," Seisyll answers.

Al'Aeen gives Vi a look, and she nods.

"As you War-Form Master I suggest you all head to bed. You are going to need the energy. Alpha Jena, if you don't mind borrowing your mate for five more minutes?"

Jena makes quick eye contact with him for a moment before saying she has no problem with it, heading to her sleeping area afterward.

"Go on, Conall, I'll be fine! And don't fall asleep before I get there! It's time I repay all the massages you gave me last week," Vi beams a smile at her mate, watching him go.

Once they are alone, Al'Aeen starts walking silently, waiting for her to start.

"So, how did I do? Was it OK? Should I improve on something?"

"You did great, Vi! You worry too much! Your approach is different, but then you are doing something I didn't. You are training everyone at once. I'm not sure I would be able to do the same, with so many eyes on me, getting them to listen and do as I say."

"While it is true it's not that different than taking over Conall's class when he has something to do, I doubt you would have had any problems with discipline."

"Vi, you threatened to impale them in your claws if they didn't listen! That was very creative. It was harsh yet it didn't make them run for the hills. I feel I'm more..."

"Wound up, like you're about to shift and tear everything and everyone apart?"

"Wow, really? Is that how everyone sees me?"

"You were on your knee in front of Sorin, and just like Conall, I was watching him. It is true that I was looking for any sign of trouble, that he would attack you or something, but the signals he was giving were those of fear. While you were on one knee in front of him!"

"Oh God, everyone still sees me as a monster!"

"Well, we need a bit of a push to do the right thing sometimes. Seems you are such push for almost everyone but yourself."

"I feel a lecture coming."

"You mean because you're being perceived as egotistic, frustrated and ready to explode like one of the great weapons of the Techno-Wars?"

"Should I sit down for this?"

"Mock all you want, but it's all because you're denying your mate bond, a connection that directly touches one's soul. Your odd, large but mostly unused bear brain doesn't allow you to do the right thing when your mate, which by the way, already acknowledged you with her bite, is by your side every day and yet you do nothing about it. We're all wondering when you really are going to snap and hurt someone."

"Hopefully, I'll be surrounded by warhogs when it happens, and if we all survive that, then I'll probably find somewhere else to go, where I don't endanger anyone with my frustration!"

"Wait! That's not what I meant!" she yells after him, but he's already disappearing in the night."

Moons damn it! Why is he so fcuking difficult?!?

*A.N.: I hope you guys remember to vote :D 

And if you forgot, I really appreciate it if you go back and do it now :D

See you next week :D