Part 116

"Do you want a new name?"

"Hmm, something close but not quite the same. How about Alain? Pretty sure it's French. Sounds a bit different though."

"It's your choice since it's your name."

"It becomes our name."

"True, but I don't dislike it."

"What's your wolf name?"

"Edrik."

"That's what E stands for?"

"Indeed."

"I quite like it."

"Good! It's our now."

"Alain and Edrik. Nice! So Edrik?"

"Yes?"

"You are quite powerful until we merge and go back to Calla, right?"

"Yes. Why?"

"So let's do both. Kind of."

"Huh?"

"My original shard? Give him all my memories of the entire time we have been separated. As a dream or a vision or whatever so he doesn't freak out. And I want his."

"Why?"

"We are soul shards, right? To learn new things, why else? I might find something useful in his last three years, and he might find something he can use in my experiences as a werewolf. I do remember wondering what it would be like."

"You can't do that!" Sandra jumps in.

"Why?"

"You are bringing in knowledge that shouldn't be on Calla!"

"Now isn't the pot calling the kettle black? You did that first when you took me to Calla, so shush!"

"Yes, I can do that. Wait a minute... and done!"

Al'Aeen drops to his knees, his head pulsing madly for a few seconds until things clear.

"Definitely useful stuff there. New idea: I want a couple of books from Earth."

"Not hard, but I can't take matter from here. Unless we give something in return. Like your clothes. And mine if needed."

"I will not allow you to..." the witch starts but with a snap of the fingers from Edrik, her mouth continues to move without any sound actually coming out.

"The books will be on the other side, but you will be butt naked."

"I'll just shift till I can get something, no problem."

"Good. Ready?"

"Let's do this!"

"Sandra you are dismissed. You better hope neither Edrik or Alain find you meddling with their immediate or extended interests. I know a couple of Celestial Agents more than willing the trample your hide."

The child form puts her hands together and starts rubbing them, the world around slowly turning to sandy textures and before all of it drops to the ground, a loud pop and a blinding bronze light have Al'Aeen disoriented for a few moments, before everything goes completely dark, including his ability to stay conscious.

***

"God damn it! My head!"

"I was getting bored in here by myself. I almost took over to relieve ourselves. You needed to pee like 55 minutes ago!"

"Edrik?"

"Alain?"

"Oh God! I really need a tree!"

"No trees. Use that rock on the left."

He scurries to take care of business.

"OK, now what? Why am I naked?"

"Because you wanted the books?"

"Right!"

He runs back, picking them up with care.

"What do you want to do now?" Edrik asks.

"Find Jena!"

"I think it's the first time you got your priorities straight!"

"Wolf is faster right?"

"Always!"

The shift to wolf is fast and smooth and he starts running, immediately shifting to war-form, then human and finally wolf again.

"That required almost no effort!" Alain exclaims amazed.

"And the war-form will no longer drain your energy like before. There is now a double-sided soul shard in charge of this body, which has an adequate size and weight for Calla."

"Soul Shards. That whole thing wasn't a dream, was it?"

"Nope."

"Shouldn't you have erased our memories of it?"

"You wanted that? You should have said it at the time. I'm just your animal side now. No more special powers. We could search for Sandra and..."

"NO! FCUK NO!"

The wolf chuckles in the back of Alain's mind.

"Edrik, how about you grab the wheel, and find Jena. Show me how a real wolf does it!"

"If I didn't share your Earth memories, I'd have no idea what you meant by that."

"But you do. And they aren't really my memories, are they? Let's just call them A.C.'s memories, shall we?"

"Fine by me. Got it!"

"What?"

"Our mate's scent!"

"And you're not running yet?"

"Never thought I'd see the day when you'd make so much sense!"

"That was the old me. This is ME 2.0 and there is literally two of us in here!"

"Yes, I get the irony! The caravan's scent is three days old."

"So we can catch them by tomorrow night?"

"You can bet our life on it!"    

*A.N.: I started writing another part today because someone was miffed, but since we are where we are in the story, I couldn't stop after 500-700 words as usual. 3300 for me is personal record do in one sitting and it didn't really feel right to only release it gradually.

That being said, vote for all the parts if you forgot! 

I'd love to read your comments since the book is on the verge of ending, and I want to know what you guys think should happen next.

Also, forgive me if I don't update anything next week :P I'm creatively exhausted!